• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Sanyo MBC-555

Rockin' Kat

Experienced Member
Anyone want one of these? Can be yours for $10 plus s/h. It's a fairly heavy computer.

No keyboard or cables..other than the built in power cable.

I pluged into my TV via the monochrome output.

When I turned the computer on the TV behaved as though it were receiving a signal, but the computer didn't display anything... the computer's fan works and the right floppy drive's access light came on and stayed on...it has two internal 5.25" drives.

Dunno if it really works..

info on this particular computer can be found here:

http://www.qsl.net/k6fv/sanyo.html

It's a bit scratched up... I can take pictures if anyone is really interested.

I'd love it, but shipping to Romania would most likely kill my effort.

I've seen one of these and they're quite interesting.

Good luck!

yeah.... pretty heavy... would likely be costly to ship to another country.. especially overseas... but I wouldn't mind filling out the nessesary customs forms if someone outside the US wanted it badly enough to pay the cost of shipping.

Maybe economy level shipping...(really cheap, but it can take over a month)

Oh, crap! I've had one of these upstairs for a while - totally forgot about it!

Mine has two floppy drives.

It looks very much like a VCR, I almost passed it by the first time.

I'd just like to mention that the behavior mentioned when powered on is normal - the floppy drive sould turn on and it tries to read the boot sector. If you insert a non-sanyo boot disk, it will lock up, sometimes with garbage on the screen.

There is no 'normal' BIOS in this machine - it must all be loaded from disks (typically DOS 2.11 or I think CP/M customized for the machine). I've programmed a BIOS (memory resident) for this machine that can boot a modified FreeDOS using the onboard video, and have some DOS 2.11 disk images if anyone's interested.

(Terry) OOW. you're screwed unless you can find suitable bootdisks (bees, honey, etc)...

(BradN) Like I said, I have disk images, and they're standard format so they can be written with rawrite, cat (in linux) or similar.

Last edited:
Do you still have this Sanyo? Or does anyone else have one? It was my very first computer around 1981 or 1982, and it would be nice to have one on the shelf to show some of my computer classes.... I might still have a monitor and some software lying around.....

Back