• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Sanyo PHC 3100

MattisLind

Veteran Member
I received this Sanyo PHC 3100 today from the original owner.

The PHC 3100 is a TMS 9900 based computer developed by Sanyo. The interesting is the story that former owner told me. For fifty years he had his own business developing hardware. During the late seventies his comapny developed a series of rackmount eurocard boards based on the TMS9900 processor. During this time they were contacted by Sanyo who were interested in their system. A number of japanese engineers travelled to Sweden an got full description of the design and then went back to Japan and designed the PHC 3000 computer. He got this machine from Sanyo when the product was ready. However in 1981 IBM released the PC and the rest is history. Sanyo cancelled their product.

DMwJSrhl.jpg

Does anyone else have interesting info on this machine? My guess is that there are few of them went outside Japan. I have a bunch of floppy disks with software for it which I intend to dump. Hopefully the FDC is fairly standard so I could use a PC to retrieve the data.

This is one I hadn't seen before, so thanks a lot for posting it. Now I have another TMS-9900 based computer to research. . .

Back