• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Saving Curves onto a 1520

Just an update for anyone interested, I was able to get some basic communication using the Grid GPIB device from Shawnerz (thanks again) to a Tektronix 7D20 https://w140.com/tekwiki/wiki/7D20
(Much more powerful than a 222a) running in a 7623A!
I will be working on actually running some useful software to actually visualize and print the waveforms rather than just a data dump text printout of a flat line (shown here)
Refresh of image is interfering with the camera shot...

View attachment 1254760
Sorry, i've been away for the site for a bit. Glad to know you received it and it working.
I thought that maybe the software would convert the data to images. I guess it doesn't. Does it even run on a 286?
Glad to know things are talking to each other.
-Shawn

No, none of the software had anything to do with waveform capture.
Personal 488(the software included) is just a software library for GPIB communication.
It is also supposed to be able to add GPIB devices as DOS devices like working with any peripheral although I get errors trying to add it as a DOS device or use the COM redirection program so that I can talk with the 7D20 over COM1 redirect using a terminal program like KERMIT and save the sessions (and data) that way. The only way I can talk with it as of now is the KYBDCTRL program which is what I have already posted.
I will give you updates as I go along but I have not seen in the manual where it would require a 386.
The 7D20 should definitely be getting along just fine with it (it came out in 1982) but I haven't found any software that would be appropriate.
I will work on it some more soon.

Back