• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Sb180fx

Hi,

Does anyone know of a source of SB180 PCBs or full up boards?

The SB180, YASBEC, and P112 are all in the "cool but no longer available Z180 SBCs" category AFAIK.

Geez, it would be awesome to turn up a cache of unpopulated SB180 PCBs.

Thanks

Andrew Lynch

SB180 Original and full documentation (Not for sale)

SB180 Original and full documentation (Not for sale)

If anyone needs documentation on the original SB180, not the -FX or other Micromint boards... I probably have them. I bought my SB180 in 1987 and bought a bit of software for it. I ran my BBS on it mostly because I found my other 64180 SBC more interesting, a Japanese import, Mountainside Computers LTD's MSC-LAT1. The Japanese computer is rare in the USA (not the eBay use of "rare").

I got the standard full SB180 with Uniform for other disk reading/formatting (not as useful as advertised) and a BBS program. I've got all original diskettes in good condition (Dallas Texas' climate seems kind to floppy disks).

Does anyone know of a source of SB180 PCBs or full up boards?
...it would be awesome to turn up a cache of unpopulated SB180 PCBs.
Betting on a 64180 purchase now would be problematic.

Making a SB[eZ80] equivalent might be better. With the eZ80's capability, it wouldn't take long to do.

SB-180 documentation

SB-180 documentation

I checked the additional software on my SB180 bundle:
UNIFORM - a utility for reading other floppy formats. (didn't find it useful)
Z-MSG - a BBS program (ran my BBS on it for the final years)

I have the SLR assembler bundle for the 64180, but while my documentation is in my SB-180 notebook at the moment, I'm fairly certain I bought that from Mountainside Computers (the MSC-LAT1) and that's where my disks are.

I'm doing an eZ80 system design project for fun at the moment, similar to using the SB-180 system as a starting point.

Last edited:
Back