• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

SCELBI Front Panel Switches

livewire

I have searched high and low, can anyone help answer my question?

Are any momentary switches used on the front panel of the SCELBI ?

the three push button switches are normally open, momentary switches. the eight toggle switches are on/off type, not momentary.

regards,
Mike Willegal

the three push button switches are normally open, momentary switches. the eight toggle switches are on/off type, not momentary.

regards,
Mike Willegal

Hi Mike,

I see pictures of 8B on the Scelbi Museum site that uses flat handle toggle switches for the momentary switches. Was that common? I prefer the toggles.

len

That is the one on display at the CHM. I don't know any others with momentary toggle switches. However since the SCELBI company sold board sets and kits, the person assembling the computer could have picked any kind of switch he desired. With the SCELBi, you can pretty much do as you please, and have a feasible reproduction.

One thing to keep in mind is that since the power supply is separate, the SCELBI chassis is lighter than you might think. Depending upon the table surface, flipping switches and pushing buttons can easily move the chassis around.

regards,
Mike Willegal

Hi Mike,

I see pictures of 8B on the Scelbi Museum site that uses flat handle toggle switches for the momentary switches. Was that common? I prefer the toggles.

len

Back