• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Schematic for older PDP-11/05 CPU - M7261C?

MattisLind

Veteran Member
9QGvIq6.jpg

I have a couple of older M7261, Etch C Rev F boards. Chips have dates codes in the late 71 - early 72 range so it is a quite early 11/05. The machine is completely dead with this board installed. The problem is that these boards differs quite a lot from later etches so the existing schematic are useless. The ones one bitsavers.org and the physical ones I have are all later revs.

Does anyone have schematic for the older C etch?

Mattis,
I picked up a print set for the 11/05 from my 11/15 recovery road trip that is earlier than the Bitsavers one. From a casual glance it appears to cover this M7261.
Here are a couple of quick snaps:
small_furry_animals_1.jpg small_furry_animals_2.jpg

I will be scanning the 11/15 print set, fixed-head disk controller and other things in the very near future so let me know if this 11/05 print set is worth scanning as well, or if you want a few more quick photos.

I have an early PDP-11/05 s/n 151 chassis with the solid Mazak grille and a home-made console switch register board but the M7261 in it is a later rev F. I since acquired seperately the early console with the
non-screenprinted plain white digital moniker at the top left of the console casting.

Last edited:
Back