• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

SDL2TRS in Linux

I just built the SDLTRS software in Debian 8 - 32 Bit, and have it working with a Aerocomp SS/DD 5.25"
floppy drive. I did have to configure the Floppy in Linux (Debian 8) for the TRS180 Floppy.
Floppy definitions are defined in /etc/mediaprm in Debian.

/etc/mediaprm

"TRS180":
SS DD sect=18 ssize=256

$ lsblk
$ getfdprm /dev/fd0
$ setfdprn -p TRS180 /dev/fd0
$ getfdprm /dev/fd0
$ lsblk
$ sudo ln -s TRSDIAG2.DMK disk4-0
$ sudo ln -s /dev/fd0 disk4-1

Then sdltrs boots TRSDIAG2.DMK and I can format :1 and Backup :0 :1
with everything working properly. The floppy boots correctly.

Larry

$ sudo ln -s /dev/fd0 disk4-1

Then sdltrs boots TRSDIAG2.DMK and I can format :1 and Backup :0 :1
with everything working properly. The floppy boots correctly.
Thanks for the feedback, Larry!(y) Using real floppy drives didn't work in the original SDLTRS: this has been fixed since version 1.2.0, but it may take several attempts depending on the hardware ... the floppy device "/dev/fd0" for the drive can be specified directly on the command line:
Bash:
sdltrs -disk0 TRSDIAG2.DMK -disk1 /dev/fd0
... or selected in the "Floppy Disk Management" ... symbolic links are not necessary ... :)

Inspired by Episode 42 of TRS-80 Trash Talk about The Muscle Micros I've added Support 4 MHz for TRS-80 Model III ... like the Model 4/4P this is using D6 on port 0xEC and was supported by LDOS 5.3.1 with the SYSTEM command:
[ ... ] The Model III (FAST|SLOW) parameters have been adapted to utilize the Model 4 hardware clock speedup while still maintaining an accurate time clock. Model III users should not specify (FAST) without an appropriate hardware speedup [ ... ]
... based on the wording, I'm assuming this applies to the Model III mode of the 4/4P and the Model III hardware speedup (?) ...

Back