• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Seagate ST-225

Edlin

Experienced Member
I'm not sure why I kept this hard drive for so long, but if anyone needs it I will part with it.

Last edited:
Where are you located?
What are you asking for it?
How much for shipping?
If it's MFM, then I'm definately interested.

St-st-225

St-st-225

I've been reading your delima and it just so happens I have the XT keyboard that was used with the ST-225 mfm HD. I live in Oklahoma and will gladly give you these if you just pay for shipping. I'm not sure what it will cost to go to the UK. The HD doesn't have the card interface that plugs into the motherboard.

I've been reading your delima and it just so happens I have the XT keyboard that was used with the ST-225 mfm HD. I live in Oklahoma and will gladly give you these if you just pay for shipping. I'm not sure what it will cost to go to the UK. The HD doesn't have the card interface that plugs into the motherboard.
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing

It's not clear whether there's no controller card (okay and not expected when one offers just a disk drive) or the logic board from the drive itself (in which case it's now a lovely paperweight).

St-225

St-225

Well hopefully within the hour it will be on it's merry ol' way to England and we will find out if it's just a paper weight or not, I have a feeling bbcmicro can bring it back to life. If not at least he'll finally have his XT-keyboard. And about the parts missing, I'm talking about myself! P.S. Not recommended for dishwashers.

Last edited:
Forgot to mention

Forgot to mention

I think it would make a very good looking paper weight, actually it would probably cost more as a paper weight, maybe you've hit on something here.

ST-225 is on it's way

ST-225 is on it's way

I mailed it economy and they said it would take 3 to 4 weeks, hope it has a good trip. Let me know when it arrives. Merry Christmas!

Talking of paperweights, the door stop in my workshop at work is an old full-height MFM drive! It's been there for as long anyone can remember (10+) years so I don't think there is much chance of it working :lol: I think it was out of an early IBM AT or PS/2.

Last edited:
St-225

St-225

It came out of an XT, 8088 if memory serves me right. The computer was purchased from a company called Rose Hill located in California (I know it had a rose in it.) About 20 years ago I got greedy and upgraded to a 40mb drive. I have a feeling this old drive is one of those drives that go on and on and on, at least I hope so.

I had it all geeked out with the Covox Speech thing, an EGA monitor and an old Epson printer. My kids would type dirty words just to hear them, they had so much fun. I used to also but waited until everyone was asleep. We had StickyBear ABC's, Professional Write & Dbase III, etc... it was heavenly. And we lived mice free. Yes, and I had Automenu, I loved that.

I always thought Edlin would be a fine name for a child, I never liked Edit.

Words of wisdom: If it ain't broken, don't mess with it!

Huh, no, I'm not being mean. The ST-225 has a great reputation as being SUPER reliable (as in goes on and on).

I could add - "are you pulling my leg, huh huh?"

Oh, by the way, did I tell you I am very paranoid:hide: I thought you were insinuating I go on and on and on, which I do, sorry... My husband always says "see those people over there, they are talking about you."

You don't hold a candle to me. I'm the king of the *run-on sentence*. I really should learn to put periods in there instead of commas.

I have been reading the thread on the old seacrates... I have 2 of them (ST225) and even some controller cards! They were working when they were used last (about 10years ago) but have been carefully stored (and moved) ever since. I don't have any cables to go with them. If anyone wants them please let me know what you think they are worth and they will be all yours!

Also, how would I package them to withstand international transport?

Kendall.

Back