• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Searching for Dick Smith’s SCAP software and manual

tezza

Veteran Member
Hi guys,

As some of you will know, I maintain an historical/archive site on the Dick Smith System 80/Video Genie, which is an EACA clone of the TRS-80 Model 1. Within this site, I have a page of dedicated to Dick Smith Software. Dick Smith Ltd., commissioned these products, and sold them in their Australian and New Zealand stores specifically for the machines (See https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/system-80/software_dick_smith.htm)

I’ve managed to find software and manuals for most of the programs. However, one still eludes me. It is the Stock Control and Pricing (SCAP) program. You can read about it on the page linked above. If you live in Australia or New Zealand and have this program (or know of someone who might), I’d love to get a disk image and a scanned manual, to host on the System 80 site and archive.org. Please get in touch.

There is a good chance the software is gone forever but if not, it would be great if (possibly) the only remaining copy in the wild was rescued!

Tez

Hi Tezza, not sure if either of these are what your after but I have a copy of Dick Smith Stock Market Game tape as a WAV & DSK and a Share Market Analysis Program Manual as PDF.

Attachments

• dse_sharemarket_program_manual.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
  • dse_stockmarket.jpg
    dse_stockmarket.jpg
    731.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Hi, I have the share market analysis program manual, but I don't have the stock market GAME. If I could get a copy of that from you, that would be great!

Tez

Ok I'll fix that today. My old web editor does not have a spell checker which I clearly need! Haha

Back