• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Seeking Allegro Common Lisp 3.1 for Nextstep

wlewisiii

Having recently discovered the Previous emulator for NextStep computers, I'm working on setting up my dream workstation from a lifetime ago :) One of the problems I've run into is getting Common Lisp running. The earliest systems came with it bundled but I've been unable to get it to build on either NS 1.0a or 3.3. I have discovered that there was a later version that with a bit of work can be convinced to run on NS3.3.

Would anyone have a copy of the floppy images to this version? I have already checked with Franz and they do not have anything that old available any more.

Thanks!

Has there been any progress on this? I have a turbo slab that I'm in the process of installing a SCSI2SD into it to give the HD a break. I'm very interested in running Lisp on it but unfortunately it doesn't have Allegro installed. I thought while I'm messing with the HD I might try to get a version of Lisp running. There seems to be precious little info available online. Any pointers are appreciated.

Thanks,

Win

All I can say is long ago I bought this (it was, like $29 at the time). At one time I had the floppies and everything. I can't speak to where those may be now.

Ok, thanks. Yeah, I've not been able to find much online. Seems to be a very niche topic. If anyone has any pointers, please let me know.

Thanks,

Win

Back