• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Seeking Ventless Apple II

tcolegrove

Experienced Member
Hello friends: My name is Tim Colegrove and I'm the owner of The BYTE Shop computer repair and museum in Boston, MA. I'm interested in buying a ventless Apple II computer (see reference photo below, note lack of side vents). I'm aware of their high value and rarity and willing to offer a fair market price. If anyone has a lead please feel free to reach out. My email address is timothy.colegrove@gmail.com

Thanks!

Attachments

• photo65072.jpg
    photo65072.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 25
Hello friends: My name is Tim Colegrove and I'm the owner of The BYTE Shop computer repair and museum in Boston, MA. I'm interested in buying a ventless Apple II computer (see reference photo below, note lack of side vents). I'm aware of their high value and rarity and willing to offer a fair market price. If anyone has a lead please feel free to reach out. My email address is timothy.colegrove@gmail.com

Thanks!
You may try to find it in eBay or try to ask in "Apple IIs for Sale or Buy (Post your Wish List !)" group in Facebook (URL: https://www.facebook.com/groups/488780427993327)

I dont know about that. I have NEVER seen a ventless A2 show up on eBay... or anywhere for that matter. How many were made? 100? 200? How many actually exist right now?

I dont know about that. I have NEVER seen a ventless A2 show up on eBay... or anywhere for that matter. How many were made? 100? 200? How many actually exist right now?
There was one on ebay recently. That's where the picture Tim posted came from. Went for $11k. One previous some years back went for $24k. The $11k one had a hole in the side for a fan, hence the discount.

I agree there are probably no more than a handful. And given how crazy prices have gotten I bet even one with a hole in the side would go for a lot more than $11k now.

Interesting. I would have liked to have seen those auctions. Ill chock that up to the likes of an Apple 1 in my collection. As is I have a rev 4 apple II and thats probably all I will ever be able to get for a "decent" price.

Back