• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Seeking video & signalling knowledge

Jaginus

Experienced Member
Hi, forum

Although I am not new to retro computing repairing, I realised that I have a big gap regarding video signals (ana/digi), formats (from physical to logical), video processing, encoding formats and the like.

Yesterday I got astonished watching a video from 2 months ago (search on Youtube for "Watching YouTube on a Commodore Pet") and I decided to stop and learn, as all this lack of knowledge and confidence is affecting the way in which I address my projects. Don't get me wrong, I could use AD724 (an RGB to NTSC/PAL Encoder) on some projects, but only by implementing others' ideas, implying my lack of vision and pointing only to tailored solutions from others.

The question is: could you guys recommend some good literature/sites/docs where I could make my mind into this video signalling world in a correct way?. Up to the moment, I could only find very specific and in-depth or very simple information and do-this-and-it-works approach. Some literature covering from "simple" to "hard" knowledge in a structured manner would be much appreciated.

I would really appreciate any answer.
Thank you for your time reading this post,
Jose

Last edited:
Back