• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

SEGA Game Gear VA1 Schematic - HELP!

3328A5FA-C090-418E-95E1-2C204311DD65.jpeg
L2 appears to be shorted, but I believe it’s an inductor. Those are supposed to be continuous right?

Unfortunately the inductor on my parts board is busted as well, so dont have a spare of that.

Dunno if its a light shadow or what, but C46 looks backwards. Almost looks like a gold stripe on the + side. Also C48 looks like it has a dry solder joint on + side.

C46 isn’t backwards. C48 is a terrible solder joint I agree, need to redo it but it is connected.

Think the power board might be roasted. Tested for voltage with nothing connected and it’s dead. Not entirely sure though because what’s odd is that I can’t get a proper ground point anywhere. Shield around the power switch should be ground but testing around with my probe nothing on the board is continuous with it, which is odd because something at least should go to ground. Tried different ground points like screws, etc. and nothing is. So maybe I’m not getting voltage because my negative probe isn’t actually getting a proper ground. But it should be. Quite confused about that.

not currently buying stuff off forum members for personal privacy reasons but I appreciate the offer!
again this extends to that but thanks for the offer again... think i may have to give up on this one for now. it's a bit out of the scope of my abilities now.

Back