• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

setting clock/calendar on an XT multifunction card

tezza

Veteran Member
Hi guys,

I've added a battery to the multifunction card in my XT and now want to set the clock/calender. However, I assume some kind of driver software is needed? Is there a generic clock.com or clock.sys file or similar and if so does anyone have a copy?

The multifunction card is this one here. Hopefully it doesn't need specific (as opposed to generic) drivers.

I notice CHECKIT has a set clock function but it tells me a clock calendar isn't present. I'm assuming this is because there is no driver loaded.

Tez

Whaddaya know, it works! Well..kind of. It has the Y2K bug so I'm stuck in 1999 and before...lol

Thanks very much for that!

Tez

Whaddaya know, it works! Well..kind of. It has the Y2K bug so I'm stuck in 1999 and before...lol

Thanks very much for that!

Tez

You might look for a newer driver. The clock chip typically at that level was able to handle incrementing through a century better than the AT Motorola chip and its descendants. In fact the PS/2 system that handles Y2K the best is the lowly 8086-based Model 30.

In 2008, member Plasma wrote, "I have a Six Pack Plus and it handles Y2K fine. The AST utility displays the date incorrectly at startup, but the DATE command in DOS 6.2 shows year 2008.". You may find same.

On the web page I pointed you to, there are "Strickland" generic drivers. Never tried them myself. They may be Y2K compliant.

Back