• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Setup disk for Compaq LTE Lite/25

Timo W.

Veteran Member
I was donated a Compaq LTE Lite/25 two weeks ago, which was apparently dead. It's now back in working order. :D However, since I replaced the CMOS battery, all settings are lost and it gives me a couple of errors telling me to run SETUP. It seems there's no SETUP in the BIOS, though. Am I right assuming that the SETUP was a separate DOS program? If so, any hint where I can find a copy of it?

Thanks. Found that site already. Unfortunately, "Setup and Diagnostics 1.12 B" seems to be the wrong one and the one that seems to fit (under "Softpaqs") gives a 404.

I've found a mirror that has the file "SP1363.EXE", which is hopefully the correct one. I'm going to test that tomorrow once I've found my USB disk drive. :)

Now I need a new floppy drive belt. The one installed seems to have "grown" over time and has become too loose. Can these still be obtained somewhere or should I better watch out for a replacement floppy drive?

I've found a mirror that has the file "SP1363.EXE", which is hopefully the correct one. I'm going to test that tomorrow once I've found my USB disk drive. :)
I don't think that what you need. It's probably SP0308. If you want that one, let me know.

In the meantime, I found the "correct" one. It's SP2367. Apparently, many others would work as well, as every version and every language got it's own Softpaq number. SP2367 is the German Setup and Diagnostics for the LTE lite series.

Unusable for now, though, until I fixed the floppy disk drive. :(

Back