• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Several Vintage Computers For Sale

NobodyIsHere

Veteran Member
Several Vintage Computers For Sale. Due to the old, fragile, delicate, heavy, and bulky nature of these articles all are "AS IS" and available for pick up only. All items stored in dry cool low-humidity environment and are generally in good cosmetic shape.

Shipping of articles is strongly discouraged however if the buyer absolutely requires shipping it can be arranged but payment for components and shipping must be in advance. The buyer must accept *in writing* all responsibility, risk, and liability for shipping any articles.

All sales final. Absolutely no refunds under any circumstances. There are no guarantees explicit or implied. Cash or suitable trade preferred. Contact me to discuss and make arrangements.

Private sales only. Strictly Caveat Emptor. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caveat_emptor If you do not understand what this means then do not contact me. If you cannot accept the above terms then don’t bother asking. I know what these are worth since I have records and can get current comps. Do not send low ball bids. I have plenty of time so don’t attempt to pressure me. Serious offers only.

Here is a partial list:

two NorthStar Horizon (wood case) complete, worked last time I tried them.

one NorthStar Horizon (wood case) partial with case, backplane, power supply.

Three NorthStar Horizon with rare & unusual beige metal case. Partial with case, power supply, and backplane.

one NorthStar Advantage with floppy and hard drive.

No Name Computers (NNC) Vector Graphic clone complete system (worked last time I used it)

CompuPro S-100 Chassis, power supply, some minor damage to external case.

Unique Homebrew S-100 Chassis, active termination backplane, and power supply. Handbuilt & truly one of a kind.

IBM Peripheral Expansion Unit 5161 w/ dual transceiver boards and cable, power supply, backplane, original equip.

HeathKit H-89, complete but probably not working, repairable unit or for parts.

Zenith Z-90 with floppy drive (worked last time I tried it).

Compaq Portable (luggable, original "sewing machine" unit with built in CRT. Worked last time I tried it.)

two WaveMate Bullet computers with case, dual floppy drives (worked last time I used them)

KayPro Professional Computer (PC/XT clone appears complete, worked last time I tried it.)

Three KayPro 10 with floppy and hard drives with software installed. Worked last time I tried them.

KayPro 10 documentation set (multiple soft cover books)

DEC VT LAN40 Window 3.0 network terminal (worked last time I used it)

Multiple complete and partial PC/XT clone units.

MITAC Personal Computer case with power supply.

two IBM 5150 computer cases with power supplies, motherboards, etc.

Packard Bell PB500 PC/XT clone with CRT AOC VGA monitor (worked last time I used it)

HeathKit H77 dual floppy drive case, power supply, and floppy drives.

two Zenith Data Systems external dual floppy drive units with two 96 TPI drives each and cable.

Various NorthStar Application software and dealer manuals.

Multiple green monochrome TTL (5151 type) and/or composite input monitors.

Color TTL (RGB) and composite input monitor.

Parallel ASCII keyboard in handmade wooden case

Bytek Eraseogram-40 EPROM programmer/eraser

HP ScanJet 4P SCSI flatbed scanner (worked last time I used it)

Multiple actual ST506 hard drives (5MB)

Multiple boxes of 5.25” hard sector floppy disks (10 and 16 sector)

8” floppy disks of various kinds (hard and soft sector)

BK Precision 15 MHz dual trace oscilloscope (1477) with two probes (worked last time I used it)

There are also literally boxes of peripheral boards (S-100, IBM ISA, PCI, AGP, etc), floppy drives (multiple kinds), hard drives (MFM, RLL, ST412, ST506, IDE, etc), and other miscellaneous vintage parts that will have to wait until disposal of these big bulky fragile components.

To contact me, reply to this post or PM. I am subscribed so I will see your post via email notification. I am generally not on this forum so do not rely on PM as the sole means of communication.

Last edited:
Did you know, you can also get email notifications of PMs? It's under the Settings->General Settings. That way, everyone can follow how the admins what people to use these forums.

Normally we would prefer to keep things that are not of general interest to the rest of the readers in private messages, and so I appreciate the help. However, if Andrew isn't interested in dealing with our PM system during what looks like a liquidation, then I think we'll just let it slide.

(Andrew has been absent a while, and I suspect after this he'll be absent even longer.)

I am getting some questions on the vintage computers for sale.

1. I am trying to sell the complete systems or large bulky items first such as chassis, cases, etc. I am not going to break out components out of working systems or sell peripheral boards until these big components are sold. It is the systems/chassis which take up the most room, are heaviest, etc. The boards and smaller components are compact and relatively easy to move and thus can wait until later to dispose.

2. All of the systems listed above are still here. I am patient so if you need time to arrange a local pick up that is fine. There is no hurry and local pick up is really the only safe way to move these units. If you buy an item I can hold it for a reasonable amount of time (not indefinite). Shipping large fragile bulky systems, chassis, etc is very expensive and will likely result in damaged or destroyed units. I have experience in packing and shipping articles and I can assure you local pick up is a much more effective way to transport these items if you are collector.

PS the two NorthStar Horizons (wood case) are not the same. One is "stock" and the other has a rare Vector Graphic FlashWriter I (not II) board and parallel keyboard. The latter uses a custom boot disk to enable video output. It can also boot with the "stock" boot disk. The VG FW II is relatively common but the VG FW I is almost unheard of and there is very little if any documentation on the board available.

Last edited:
I am interested in the Homebrew S100, can you please share some photos of it?

Andrew, does any of your NorthStar software/manuals include TurboDOS?

I don't think so but will check.

[later]

Just checked and no TurboDOS. The NorthStar software manuals & disks remaining are for various NorthStar branded application software like MailMerge, WordStar, Accounts Receivable, etc.

Last edited:
Hi,

Do you happen that you may have Technical Designs Lab boards and software?
Please let me know as I struggle to find it for months. Thanks

I am getting a lot of questions about shipping the vintage computers. I am reluctant to ship but if you absolutely must use shipping the best option available is to use professional packaging and shipping services. Then once you pay for the computer system I would drop it off locally and let them handle it.

Using professional pack and ship services neatly solves the problem of responsibility of damage during shipping. If you set up the packing and shipping yourself then you are responsible since I would not be the shipper. You can get the proper packing and insurance to make sure it arrives intact or at least covers the loss in case it is damaged. There are a variety of local services like the UPS Store Pack and Ship

http://www.theupsstore.com/pack-ship/Pages/index.aspx

I don't know if those parts are in the boxes but I am not selling components until these large systems are sold. The boards and drives are neatly boxed and portable and much easier to ship. Those can be done later after I clear up some room.

Back