• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Sharp electronic organizers with the IC card slot (OZ/IQ/PA/PI series)

Akuji

Greetings from a collector of Sharp electronic organizers with the IC card slot (western series Wizard OZ/IQ & Japanese PA/PI). Is there anyone else here besides me who collects these organizers as well as IC cards & accessories for them? Unfortunately, there is no single place on the net where collectors of these adorable devices gather, so I'm looking for fellow collectors here.

the-list-120-ifc-May-1990.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	the-list-120-ifc-May-1990.jpg Views:	16 Size:	107.5 KB ID:	1209427

Last edited:
Greeting Akuji, I have quite recently started collecting this so I have little to show but I am incredibly interested in your collection. Which PA/PI organizers do you have? Is it true they were advertised more as calculators? And what's the book about!

Greeting Akuji, I have quite recently started collecting this so I have little to show but I am incredibly interested in your collection. Which PA/PI organizers do you have? Is it true they were advertised more as calculators? And what's the book about!

Hi Piojio. I have most of the PA & PI organizer models in my collection apart from the rarest ones like PV-F1 and a couple of others. Just received PI-8000 earlier today.

IMG-5078.jpg

IMG-5081.jpg

As for the book, it's about the history of the development of the first PA-7000 model. Here're the details:

Sharp's electronic organizer strategy シャープの電子システム手帳戦略
シャープの電子システム手帳戦略―手帳の電子化に賭けた開発者たちの闘い
Publisher: Softbank Business
Date: Feb 1991
Author: Tetsuro Hoshino 旭鉄郎
Pages: 215
ISBN: 4890521615, 9784890521616
This book goes behind the scenes of the development of the first PA-7000 to the latest DB-Z, and examines how Sharp was able to create such a successful product.
Table of Contents:
Introduction - The notebook has been «digitized"
Chapter 1 - The road to differentiation
Chapter 2 - Pre-development history of "electronic personal organizer»
Chapter 3 - Getting Started
Chapter 4 - Rethink and Challenge
Chapter 5 - Takeoff
Chapter 6 - Towards a new leap forward

Photo-2020-11-30-10-57-07-2.jpg

Back