• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Sharp PC-1600 and accessories

Jes

I have possession of a friends Sharp PC-1600 (not working, worn buttons) with a ce-1600p (cassette interface), ce-1600f (disk drive), (the three latter parts should work) power cord, and partial role of paper, and carrying case.

Does anybody have ideas about how much would be a good guess as to how much these items might be worth?

Thanks for any input
John

Thanks for the link. I haven't researched how hard it would be to fix the buttons or the machine itself yet. My friend was actually using it until recently when it quit working.

Sharp Pc-1600 is usually a lot more expensive than the sharp pc-1500.I have seen prices up to 200-300$ for good working machines..

John,

You probally won't believe this, but I was planning to place a Want-To-Buy for a Ce-1600p printer. I have a 1600p, but have never been able to get it to actually print - it does everthing but press the pens to the paper. So I have been looking for one that either works or might be used to repair mine. The PC-1600 is a fantastic handheld - and has a dual processor in it. Both the processor for the PC-1500 and a Z80. My first computer was a z80, so I do some z80 assembler programming for my 1600. While the floppy drive is a fairly rare item, getting disks for it is even rarer. A couple of years ago, I aquired two new boxes of disks, but never aquired a drive for it.

If you wish to contact me, I'd like to aquire the lot. I'd be willing to offer what I hope would be a fair price. You can email me through the forum here.

I've been hoping to port the Byte Tiny Pascal to the PC-1600 - just need to get some time to re-write the run-time code. It would be great to actually write Tiny Pascal cone on it, and then compile it to Z-80 code.

As to values:

Last year I bought a new-in-box PC-1600 from Uderwood Distributers for $200. I just checked their site and they no longer offer them, so I guess they finally sold all their stock. On ebay, working units typically go for $100-$200, depending on condition.

Last year, I paid $50 for my non-working CE-1600p printer.

Haven't seen the floppy drive for sale.

As to trying to repair the PC-1600, I have a couple that are not working, and, I've taken them apart, but haven't been able to fix either one as of yet. They do come apart fairly easy. I could send some phots of one opened up. Not sure how easy it would be to gt to keys though. I had hoped to get one of the broken ones working and then hard wire a RS-232 cable to it. But no luck so far.

Thanks,

Bill
Smithville, NJ

Last edited:
Back