• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Show us your Tandy Computers!

Extra points with me for the Ultima screenshots. :)

Why so many Tandy's? Worried they might break and you'll need a lifetime of spares?

Gotta catch'em all. Whenever I saw a model I didn't have for cheap on Ebay, I'd pick it up. There are no cheap Tandy computers on Ebay anymore...

Here's a Tandy you don't see everyday

3nCVK0f.jpg

Nice! This forum needs a like button!

I’ll let Mav tell the story :) Except mine has a smooth finish, almost like a gelcoat.

Very cool! It's interesting that the catalog number is 71-1001. My AgVision (blue Coco looking Videotex computer) has a catalog number of 71-5001. Perhaps that denotes, "built for third-party"?

how do i post pics? i used to post on my jeep club before photobucket went crazy, no i have no way to post pics without paying (i dont post pics often) can someone PM me with a solution? i would be glad to share my meager collection

steve

how do i post pics? i used to post on my jeep club before photobucket went crazy, no i have no way to post pics without paying (i dont post pics often) can someone PM me with a solution? i would be glad to share my meager collection

steve
Use the picture frame looking item in edit and select from url or go to advance editing and go to attachments.

Last edited:

steve

I use IMGUR for hosting and it generates direct image links too.

Gotta catch'em all. Whenever I saw a model I didn't have for cheap on Ebay, I'd pick it up. There are no cheap Tandy computers on Ebay anymore...

That's for sure... been keeping an eye out for a reasonably priced 1000EX or 1000HX, but no such luck yet. I have a fondness for the days when computers had distinct looks, before they all became beige boxes...

No display right now, I'm still trying to figure out a good stand. Currently I just connect it to my lounge CRT and have it sit on the coffee table. The CGA to RGB adapter works well with Scart TVs!

Also I'm still unsure about where to put the external 5.25? On the left it blocks access to the power button, and on the right it's in the way of the mouse and joystick sockets?

No display right now, I'm still trying to figure out a good stand. Currently I just connect it to my lounge CRT and have it sit on the coffee table. The CGA to RGB adapter works well with Scart TVs!

Also I'm still unsure about where to put the external 5.25? On the left it blocks access to the power button, and on the right it's in the way of the mouse and joystick sockets?

Nice, the ideal solution for your external drive is to get a stand like the original one and sit the ext drive next to the monitor. The other option is to sit it sideways across the top of the HX chassis and insert disks from the right hand side.

I'm using a XIRCOM parallel Ethernet adapter (parallel 2 on the multi i/o card) to put the HX on my network and using Mike Brutman's mTCP suite on the HX for Telnet via the internet and file transfer to/from my desk top which uses Filezilla for file transfer. Two-button Tandy mouse using a serial port on the multi i/o. Tandy MMS-10 for sound.

Your adapters work perfectly! Thank you.

Mike

Back