• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Show us your Tandy Computers!

I'm using a XIRCOM parallel Ethernet adapter (parallel 2 on the multi i/o card) to put the HX on my network and using Mike Brutman's mTCP suite on the HX for Telnet via the internet and file transfer to/from my desk top which uses Filezilla for file transfer. Two-button Tandy mouse using a serial port on the multi i/o. Tandy MMS-10 for sound.

Your adapters work perfectly! Thank you.

Mike

Neat! I'd never thought of trying that. :cool:

Hey I'm pumped that I could help renew ppl's love of the Compact 1000's, they are such great little machines and had been largely ignored due to the PLUS expansion making upgrades difficult.

Nice little machine! Any reason for selling?

I have another T1400 in worse condition, I plan to do some mods on that one, and maybe use it as my personal DOS machine, but I wanted to keep one in as original condition as possible (Except for the old, leaky PSU caps, lol) for a collector perhaps.

My TL/3 is under a workbench at the moment, but I got this nice little desk this weekend to help free up some space:

IMG_0472.jpg

That the one on eBay?

Mike
Yeah, when I looked at everything I figured I could get the desk I want. I don't really want all the other stuff, except that brand new never used Model III is now sitting next to the Model I on a different desk. I hated breaking the seal but the rails needed lubrication and I don't trust old RIFAs anyway. I played Cosmic Fighter for about an hour last night with it.

Like any of us do. I am steadily downsizing the herd to try and get more room. This weekend is the first time I've had my TRS-80's in front of a chair, and I've been active for a while now. I'm trying to get a proper room setup so I can get room for the final computer, a big Tandy.

Hello dJOS.jpg

Had to dig this out. Sorry for the mess but was trying to fit a lot in one picture. I'm sure you guys have seen a thosuand CoCo's so I don't feel too bad covering it up. Consider the Tandy floppy disk cases a teaser of my next picture which will be of our Tandy 1000 TL/3.

Not sure why my phone takes such terrible pictures of the CRT. Suffice to say it looks a lot better in person, even if the picture is tiny on the screen (or is that just how the TRS-80 is? Been awhile). I usually play SNES on this TV though which fits reasonably well, didn't feel like messing with v-shift and whatnot.

Nice, the ideal solution for your external drive is to get a stand like the original one and sit the ext drive next to the monitor. The other option is to sit it sideways across the top of the HX chassis and insert disks from the right hand side.

I just built a stand out of plywood.

Recently scored a TRS-80 still in the box at a garage sale. Totally blown away by it. I've no prior experience with these machines, but I'm told that I can simulate a tape drive and get it working for some games without too much trouble. Here it is on the bench!
Box
TRS80

Back