• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Show your support! VCFed T-shirts are available again!

mbbrutman

Associate Cat Herder
Staff member
We reordered t-shirts after selling out of some of the more popular sizes. Don't take a chance on us running out again - order yours today!

(Ok, hyperbole aside, these are some great shirts and buying one helps support the organization that makes this web site possible.)

Amber_2_front.jpg Amber_2_back.jpg

The shirts are custom made for us by A Nova Print, a great small business in Portland, Oregon. Two colors are available: Classic CRT Green and Classic CRT Amber. Women's and Men's sizes are both available too.

This work of art can be yours for $20 + actual shipping. See http://vcfed.org/wp/t-shirts/ for details.

OK. I'll buy at least two if you can explain all of the symbolism on the front! I see a tea kettle pouring water on the mountains that flows across the table (valley?) and drains into a bucket and other fascinating artwork. But, I can't decipher all of it. I LOVE IT! But I want to UNDERSTAND it! I saw the asteroids graphics on the back. That's cool. ;)

As you wish ...

Front artwork:

• Battle Zone tanks and mountains.
  • AT&T Death Star logo. (Looks like the Star Wars Death Star)
  • A bug or two. (One looking like a 6502 with eyes on stalks, the other a more real looking bug.)
  • Binary trees
  • A capacitor letting out the magic smoke
  • Tron light cycles
  • The Utah teapot (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah_teapot)
  • Clippy
  • "The Bit Bucket"

Look at it as a collection of computer science and retro-gaming inside jokes.

Back artwork:

Originally this was just going to be a "concert tour" style shirt so we had the locations and dates of our events on the back. When things started to go to hell I decided to have a little fun with the back, so what you see are various things destroying our schedule.

• Space invaders
  • Asteroids
  • The Death Star firing at us
  • The Centipede thing about to eat the ".org" in our url ... this reference is going to be tricky for people to figure out. (No, it's not from the Centipede game.)

Thanks Mike,

I'm ordering two tonight and possibly more if I can convince the wife and kids they need 'em! I think this is my favorite VCFED t-shirt so far. Thanks for the detailed descriptions of the fabulous artwork.

Would international shipping (Norway in my case) be more or less than the price of the t-shirt?

It's unfortunate that these events have gotten canceled or delayed. The way things are going, I fully expect things to be a mess later this year. I was really looking forward to VCFSE, although things were already nuts enough for me I didn't know if I would have time.

Thanks Mike,

I'm ordering two tonight and possibly more if I can convince the wife and kids they need 'em! I think this is my favorite VCFED t-shirt so far. Thanks for the detailed descriptions of the fabulous artwork.

Thanks for the kind words. It's my first t-shirt design and I'm no graphic artist, but it came out exactly as intended - a computer nerd who is not a graphic artist throwing a bunch of computer jokes together.

Nobody will figure out the centipede on the back. ;-0

Would international shipping (Norway in my case) be more or less than the price of the t-shirt?

I haven't looked at Norway, but probably yes ...

I shipped a few freebies to our Canadian friends were were going to come to VCF PNW. Shipping to Canada ranged from 10 to 20 USD per shirt, with no VAT because these were gifts. The problem generally is the fixed base cost of shipping - it is very expensive to get the first shirt shipped. After about five or six shirts the incremental cost of shipping is negligible, so it makes sense to try to batch orders. I'd be willing to try to ship larger quantities to people and then have them distribute them to cut down on the silly shipping costs.

Mike

Hey Mike, nice job...

I would be in the market for both a green and amber - but live in the UK. If anyone else from the UK wants to 'chip in' then we could split the shipping between us?

I am also thinking of setting up a VCF-UK (but not this year!). How would we go about doing this I wonder?

Dave

We ran out of t-shirts again, so we ordered another 100! However, this will be the last batch ... it's been fun but it's a lot of work.

If you have been waiting for the right size or color now is a good time to order as we have everything. Get yours before it's too late!

Repeat business is always a positive thing ... it also confirms that I haven't screwed up the previous order. ;-)

I'm glad you are enjoying them!

Back