• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Southern Europe Shugart 712 MFM drives from an Iskra Delta Partner CP/M computer - Slovenian Computer Museum looking for help in archiving the data off of them

Covers: Italy, Spain, Greece, Portugal, Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Albania, North Macedonia, Slovenia, Montenegro, Malta, Andorra, San Marino and the Vatican.

MarkoStamcar

Hello all,

I am a volunteer at the Slovenian Computer History Museum.
Using the MFM reader we were able to archive a few Fujitsu MFM drives from our extremely rare Slovenian/Yugoslavian computers - the Trident (Triglav) and the Partner.

The Partner is a Z80-based CP/M machine which was used in education and enterprise sectors in Yugoslava and is the most mass produced computer from here. We are happy to have 5 such machines in our collection and there is around 5 more accounted for when looking online.

4 of our machines contain not just a floppy drive but 10 MB hard drives and the Fujitsu ones we were able to archive quite easily with the wonderful MFM reader device and software tools. We rescued some long lost software this way which is now on exhibit and also available via an online emulator: https://partner.muzej.si/

The remaining 2 drives - Shugart 712 (shown in the attached photo including Iskra Delta inspection stamps) do not spin up/seek and are surely in need of (at least) some mechanical maintenance/repair which is beyond my skills.

I am therefore here looking for the best destination/person to ship both drives to for repair and data archival (*if MFM reader access is an issue, can lend that, too).
I will cover all the shipping and import fees for both ways and can cover some additional costs to a limit - the museum is a non-profit and by helping us out, you will be doing it for a worthy cause and all credits will be given!

Thank you very much in advance for any tips and offers,

Marko Štamcar
marko@racunalniski-muzej.si
Head of laboratory
Slovenian Computer Museum

Attachments

• drives.jpg
    drives.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 12
Back