• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Slight variety

The Underlord

Hello everyone, managed to stumble upon this place the other day while searching for some 44256-8 memory chips. I honestly had no idea such a place existed and I'm thrilled to have found it!

I suppose I can name off what I've got lying around:

I'm currently messing with a Packard Bell (I know) Pack-Mate 286 with a PB800/900 (Revision D) motherboard in it. I've got a Packard Bell (again) 386 Legend that I got from my uncle a while back, and a nice little jewel: a TRS-80 PC-4 pocket computer that I recently got new batteries for. As well as a couple of newer, more recent standard type old computers around that wouldn't really be considered vintage yet. ;)

I'll probably lurk around mostly as many of the questions that I might have had have already been answered. I have a couple other old peripherals around too that may be worth mentioning later, nothing too special though.

Anyway, I hope to enjoy my time around here. :)

Glad you found your way here then. Welcome to the board and those aren't bad for vintage systems. I take it since you're working on fixing it you use it for something or are you just tinkering around with it?

How'd you come across that spread of systems?

- John

Glad you found your way here then. Welcome to the board and those aren't bad for vintage systems. I take it since you're working on fixing it you use it for something or are you just tinkering around with it?

How'd you come across that spread of systems?

- John

Thanks for the welcome guys!

The 286 was our first family computer, the 386 was my cousin's (Uncle owned it I guess) and the PC-4 I picked up at a garage sale back when I was in high school because I thought it looked cool. Still haven't figured out what exactly to do with that one yet though, so it just sits on the shelf.

Everything is in working condition (for the most part) and I've just been doing a little tinkering to fill up some empty slots I guess. Right now I suppose the primary purpose of them is for old games, but I might do some network stuff eventually. We'll see when I get there.

Back