• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Small haul: C= 1084S monitor :D

NathanAllan

Veteran Member
I was taking physical therapy for my back and got to talking to my therapist, we're about the same age, and he said he had this old green monitor and that he hated to toss it, because it still worked. I didnt' know it was going to be THIS monitor! So it's officially here, safe at its new home, to be used as needed.

It's in great shape, has a few scratches here and there, but overall not bad! The ports and door are in good shape, the bottom fold out stand never been used. Had to let you guys know. I have one C= monitor here, a 1702, it's good to have this one just to have it.

Nathan

Very cool! Great find and good save. Any idea why he thought it was a green monitor? Anyway you probably know but the S's are harder to find (not too many folks want to sell) because they're stereo. But yeah, great for every day use on so many systems. I said it before, hook up something like a dreamcast and it'll look like a brand new system compared to the TV.

Very cool. The only Commodore monitors I have snagged around here are the 1802 C64 variety (2). Anything that works with an Amiga is hard to find anymore.

Very cool! Great find and good save. Any idea why he thought it was a green monitor? Anyway you probably know but the S's are harder to find (not too many folks want to sell) because they're stereo. But yeah, great for every day use on so many systems. I said it before, hook up something like a dreamcast and it'll look like a brand new system compared to the TV.
IIRC, the 1084S has a button that can be pressed which puts the "green" tint over it. My Magnavox Pro 80 has the same button.

Also, the 1084-D1/D2/D3 monitors were stereo as well (this and my Magnavox are what I keep on-hand, the other 1084-D monitors and the long 1084S line the top shelf of my storage)

They're definitely a great line of monitors, and I'm glad to see that their pricing has gone back up. It wasn't that long ago that they were going unsold at 9.99 starting bids...

Wow. Yeah any time I come across them I recommend them to folks or snag them if they're a right then or trash purchase. Any RCA monitor is great for so many vintage systems so it's sorta a no brainer. Works for computers or vintage consoles, especially having built in sound but definitely a perk having stereo :)

The back switch was not set to color, but the other setting, I guess that made him think it was green only. I looked again, it definitely does have stereo on it, that I didn't know, even a better find! I love these types of monitors, like said above they can be used for so many things, plus it has the precursor to s-video on it (via a cable adapter). Woohoo! It's replacing the Zenith green screen that has a voltage problem; yeah it's kind of rare but it's very broken (voltage in a CRT is no small problem) and it can go. or somebody here can have it if they are willing to fix it. I'm not willing to. Pics upon request.

Back