• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Smartphone forums reader

tourloubouki

Experienced Member
Dears not sure if this is the right thread, but could we consider to 'integrate' with an Smartphone forum reader like Tapatalk which would significantly enhance the experience?

A better solution would be a forum software that has mobile and desktop layout.

That would solve all the other gripes we have, especially New Posts.

But, it costs money, is an enormous amount of work, and has almost no benefit whatsoever for those who would have to spend the money and do the work.

Agreed. Thats is why I proposed something which only requires the installation/configuration of a free addon which goes along way to bridge the gap.

But, it costs money, is an enormous amount of work, and has almost no benefit whatsoever for those who would have to spend the money and do the work.

I never access the forums from a phone (that's why I have computers) :) but what does this place look like from one of the phone's browsers?

What benefit do those folks get out of the existing software? If we have a bigger pool of folks then we should get better answer to the questions asked. I for one have been at VCF Zurich all week end and am some what frustrated I had to bring a laptop, so I could read the forums...

I never access the forums from a phone (that's why I have computers) :) but what does this place look like from one of the phone's browsers?

Screenshot_2016-11-20-11-57-24.jpg

I always use this site from a "phone." I am rarely near computers that work here.

I will look into what options are available for vBulletin, either natively or as an add-on.

And when you rotate the phone so it's in the correct orientation to read a forum? :)

That is the best orientation for a forum with a mobile layout. Here it makes little difference, except that "typing" is a real bear in horizontal (camera) orientation.

Actually, I prefer typing in the horizontal layout. The keys are much larger and my fat fingers make fewer overtype errors. :) And I added a really good keyboard app as well.

And Tapatalk seems to always insert a 'posted via Tapatalk' or some such into the posts. I don't like that. It's useless noise.

Tapatalk has also turned the corner into scummy appware that insists on notifying you of complete garbage that has nothing to do with the forums you are involved in nor your interests. Terrible app, and I wish I could get a refund for any of the money I spent on it.

Back