• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Snow

mbbrutman

Associate Cat Herder
Staff member
Erik said he didn't like snow. This is what I woke up to this morning:

2006_1110_094501.jpg

And so now starts six months of Minnesota winter ...

Oh you lucky lucky man!

we used to have proper snow in this country, now we get 3 weeks of slush, and 3 months of cold wind & rain.

a few years back when I used to live on top of a mountain we got a couple of months of fairly regular snow cover, and my car used to get buried, but then it just rained all summer!

Eeep!

Maybe I'll fire up the BBQ this weekend - just because I can.

My heater actually kicked on last night. I think it's set for 68. . . :D

Bad cold snap here in Southern Nevada. Tuesday it was 82 and brutal 68 out there right now. Sunshine is coming down in buckets.

Ok, ok --- it did get down to 40 last night, better?

edit: I just took my 2 welch corgi dogs for a long walk to my mail box on a pole on the side of the road 3 blocks away and got PELTED by photons! You couldn't avoid them!

Last edited:
Snow is great, solong as I'm not in school. Compacted balls of snow containing rocks being thrown in my general direction are not my cup of tea. We get good snow bout 1-3 times a year, but as nig said, a lot of slush.

The total turned out to be 11 inches, which is quite a dumping this early in the season. My arms are sore .. even with a snow blower it has taken me three hours to clean up after this.

Oh well .. at least yardwork season is over now. :)

I live in Ohio and we have had some mild winters recently, nothing like the 70's and 80's where snow would be a few feet deep and stick around for a long time. Seems like Europe and the Southern US states have been getting nailed by snow lately (which was unusual for them). While I like having seasons and snow around christmas I can do without the blizzards burrying me in the house or chilling me to the bone when I go out to get the mail.

No snow yet (N 59º, E 16º), but at my parents' summer cottage only some 30 miles north from where I live, they had a significant layer of snow when they went there on Friday afternoon. Today it has been raining, so maybe it is gone. I'm not looking forward to snow in the quantities in Mike's picture.

Hey, if we didn't have Photons, then how could we have Photon Torpedoes! & without Photon torpedoes, how could the Enterprise NCC-1701-D defeat the Romulan War Birds!? Do you WANT the Enterprise crew to die an instant death, just so you could rip on photons Terry!? LOL :p

Anyways, it finally rained here in Sacramento...

EDIT: <offtopic>Hey Terry, apperantly your logic of LP wear & tear is completely true! I just got MJ's Thriller from a thrift store for $1, & guess what track is all scratched up & sounds slightly crappy?:p</offtopic>

Last edited:
I didn't believe all that "light therapy" crud originally.

I'm a believer now. Getting out into the photons really does improve your mood and reset your body clock too.

I don't know about those things that hold these little green lights over your eyes though. I keep seeing those in all the gadget catalogs. The 8" x 10" panel with all the bright lights on it likely does work. Not sure how long you have to shine it on your face for it to work.

Funny co-incidence; at the place I'm currently working, they're reselling spray tanning equipment... :) I don't know if people get more eager to colour their bodies in the winter time than in the summer when it is easier to naturally get tanned.

11/17/06 Central Maine

11/17/06 Central Maine

49 deg., heavy rain and high winds. Thanks for Global Warming and Photons

Raining over here as well, about +10C which is remarkably mild for the season. It was just below freezing point a week ago, but at the moment no sign at all of snow.

0F in Alaska with a -10F to -20F wind chill and the heater in my car is broken.

Where is my global warming?

Back