• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

So token ring is coming back...

Is it just me, but I am afraid I cannot trust somebody who does not have enough money to dress in trousers without enormous holes in them. Now Really

torn.jpg

Per Token Ring:

Baby Boomer: "This is so groovy that someone is reviving the name so that future generations can use Token Ring, too.
Generation X: "Now I can't Google search for token ring networking anymore, and everyone who overhears me talking about my vintage network will think I'm a hipster! :mad:"

I'm not even going to comment on Soylent...

*NOT posted from a Commodore PET smartphone.

@amouse

It's called fashion, honey. Look it up.

oq9ccahi85s01.jpg

I have no idea what the hell is going on.. I'm getting some coffee and going to work.

"Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!"

Companies like this exist for one reason and one reason alone, and that is to soak up money from tech illiterate inverstors. They see a spiffy looking name and some fancy looking graphics and they think that they got the next Apple on their hands.

Nobody is going to want to get one of these, especially “Gen-Xers”. I give it a 5% one of these will actually be built, let alone sold on the open market.

I really miss token ring. I did so many TR to Eth conversions in the late 90's to early 2000's. TR 16 was faster than Fast ethernet 100 in many cases. I wish The tech kept going.

Isn't Token Ring a service mark or trade mark of IBM? :)

Either

1 It expired and IBM is not making money on this.

2 IBM is licencing the name to this m made-in-China-outfit.

3 IBM stupidly decided that the trademark isn't worth anything anymore and sold it for a one-time fee of $38. (I think this is the most likely, considering how well IBM has demonstrated its profiteering prowess in the retail market.)

Back