• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Other US Areas SOL-20 Items on the Bay.

Covers the non-continental US, including Alaska, Haiwaii, Puerto Rico and other territories.

Hugo Holden

Veteran Member
Delivery Options
In Country Shipping
I noticed that there are two SOL-20's up for grabs an Ebay currently, one comes with the massive SOL-systems manual.

There is also a separate auction for a SOL systems manual only too for $995 or best offer. These seldom come up. I had to wait for over a year to find one, and luckily it was not nearly as expensive as the one on offer now. But they do appear to be a pretty rare manual and although these are scanned and online, it is much better to have an original paper manual with the large fold out schematics & diagrams . It is interesting now, how "vintage computer documentation" is starting to cost as much as the vintage computer hardware itself was about 5 or 10 years ago.

Last edited:
>>> It is interesting now, how "vintage computer documentation" is starting to cost as much as the vintage computer hardware itself was about 5 or 10 years ago.

I have noticed exactly the same thing.

We needed a description of the command and programming language for a network analyser. I spotted one on eBay. It was quite expensive for a manual. However, it saved us days and days of costs in trying to work out what the listings we had actually did. In this case it was well worth the money.

Dave

What do you think a fair market as-is price would be for a SOL-20; with original Sol Systems manual; EVD-12 Video Data Monitor with instruction & service manual but missing plastic case; 8KRA static read/write memory module; SOLOS cutter, Basic 5, and ALS-8 Commands manuals; cassett tapes for Basic 5, ALS-8, and some games and utilities; that powers up and shows a cursor but without being tested by loading and running apps due to no cassette tape reader?

I'm not surprised that the manual is still unsold at $995, but I am a bit surprised that nobody bought the Sol-20 with manual and monitor for $1200. It seems more than a fair price. Sure, the machine probably needs some repair, including the spacebar, but overall it looks to be in great shape.

Back