• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Solid State Scientific 4000 CMOS Logic Specs

Do you want something older? I still have my 70's 115-page blue-cover booklet, coffee stains and all. Although in the 70s, I found CMOS interesting, but far too slow at 5 volt Vdd. 70's CMOS was largely crap and did not age well.

I'll take any digital documentation, that I don't already have, which could be useful down the road...

Heads up, page 16 is upside down... LOL
So crazy that happened. My scanning software must have flipped it. It's a duplex scanner so if it was physically flipped when scanning, 15 would have been upside down too.

All good. What software are you using for OCR? I have a bunch of documentation I have to scan in here eventually.

What software are you using for OCR?
I have a Fujitsu ScanSnap Ix500 and just use the Fujitsu Scansnap software. It works pretty good, but I've turned off the auto rotate in the settings and it still does it now and then. I'll have to see why that's not sticking.

Dang, ya Im going to use my old Microtek scanner. Huge heavy 1200dpi SCSI beast.

Not mine, mines less yellow but same scanner.
s-l1600.jpg

I actually use a Guillotine Paper Cutter to cut off the spine and then just use the Fujitsu scanner with the ADF. This book took about 3 minutes to scan that way. The book pages then gets thrown away. I have a CZUR scanner when I need to preserve the book, but I really hate that scanner to tell you the truth. It does it's job (Scan quickly without destroying the book), but I have so many complaints about it.

Thats what I was going to do with some, other mass punch it for binders. Depends how rare it is, if its stapes or spines, and if its something I would still use.

Do you want something older? I still have my 70's 115-page blue-cover booklet, coffee stains and all. Although in the 70s, I found CMOS interesting, but far too slow at 5 volt Vdd. 70's CMOS was largely crap and did not age well.
They've made a few improvements to cmos processing over the years.
Dwight

By 1983 or so, CMOS had improved dramatically. I remember my surprise when Neil Lincoln told me that bulk CMOS was the technology for his liquid nitrogen-cooled ETA-10 supercomputer.

Back