• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Some P?S/8 files have appeared - might we see it in our lifetimes?

Crawford

Experienced Member
Folks,

I was poking around for some OS/8 source code and I discovered this:
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/academic/computer-science/history/pdp-8/PQS8-related%20Files/

These files are recent (early 2015), which is astonishing, considering the scarcity (some might say absence) of real code, rather than opinion on this nigh-mystical OS for PDP-8 machines.

The interesting thing is that the repository contains directory listings of diskettes that reportedly have sources for P?S/8, that could be used to build up a running system. In addition to the listings, there are help files which are headers of the actual code. All of this is in the voluminous style and detail that one might expect...

Alas, I've looked and looked in this repository, and the disk images themselves do not seem to be present. I hope that this becomes more than an exquisitely curated listing of files and dates. It would be exciting to *finally* work with this OS, having heard for literally decades about its superior features!

Does anyone have any insight into where this is going?

-Crawford

Yes, I heard that he was going to provide a copy of P?S/8 for the PDP-12 at RICM... Do you have a timeline?

Hi All;

M-Thompson, "" We are having problems with the TC12 LINCtape controller in the PDP-12, so the tape Charles supplied would not boot. ""
And He didn't supply You with a Hard copy..

THANK YOU Marty

Back