• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Someone ruined an IBM 5150 PC

They painted it BLACK? Did they also install eye blinding blue LEDs?

I'd assume that under the paint it was eaten by rust.

Come on you guys. It's a steal!!!

This is the SUPER RARE Bell & Howell edition. Only ONE is known to exist!

You need to be desperate to pay 500 bucks for that. Then again most 5150 buyers on ebay seem to be desperate if you follow the final prices on ebay...

Ehh...maybe it was painted a long time ago when they weren't worth anything.

However even if it was 100% original I don't think it's worth $500.

However even if it was 100% original I don't think it's worth $500.
Well, you think that is nuts, how about $1500 for a 5150?:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Ori...400334166859?hash=item5d35c69b4b#ht_16587wt_0
Ok, looks in very good condition and tested to work, but the seller must have seen a low SN Model "A" sell for a boat load and doesn't know he has a Model "B".

But in all fairness, if a person is in no hurry to sell, they are free to ask whatever they want. (And we are free to make fun of them :lol: ). I just hope they don't think they will actually make a sale without eventually lowering it.

Well, the motherboard is probably original, as I've never seen replacements for the 5150, with 5 wide-spaced ISA slots and cassette port. Only 'Turbo-XT' boards for the 5160.
But it seems that it has an EGA card installed (two RCA outputs), and two ports modded on top as well (printer+joystick?).

Indeed the 287 only makes sense if it has some kind of CPU upgrade card installed (which is also what you'd need for playing something like F15).

Back