• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Sord M68

ColorComputerStore

Experienced Member
Anyone own a Sord M68? I need keyboard pinout and monitor pinout. Any technical info, documents, etc would be helpful too.

Thanks!. Seems the same RGB pinout of the M23 models (mine is a M23P). I've used 1,4,2 as R-G-B as I can't identify wich one is which color and I don't have any software to boot the machine :-(.

I also have a M68, I can try to add the inverter to my cable and with a bit of luck, I'll get image...only of the startup screen of course.

Great blog btw!

Thanks for the reply. I used a 74LS04 for my M68 inverter. I think it would be good to make one with transistors. Now I have a home-made disk image of Z80BASIC (save and load commands are not available). I'm also working on porting CP/M80. If requested, I will upload it to Google Drive. Both are operated via serial port. The drawback is that you need a keyboard to boot the disk.
By the way, I have started to disassemble and decipher the disk image of BASIC for M23 in the internet archive. I plan to report the analysis results on my blog soon.

I'm also working on porting CP/M80. If requested, I will upload it to Google Drive

Yes, please!. I've a full M68 including keyboard so I can try also to write the disk image and boot it.

I have started to disassemble and decipher the disk image of BASIC for M23 in the internet archive. I plan to report the analysis results on my blog soon

Great news!, keep on the good work!

@tunozemichan that's an amazing blog - thank you thank you thank you - arigato! I'm soon going to be a owner of M68 I think, so I'm pleased to find someone already working on it. I remember these machines from my teenager days in Tsukuba Japan.... Back when Motorola 68k was brand new....

Back