• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Sound Blaster 16 Vibra Vs. typical Sound Blaster 16

I can't get the driver version right now (too late here), but the setup files I'm using are from here.

Thanks! The CT2950 is in my desk right now (but it's named SB16PNP, FCC ID: IBACT-SB16PROP49). I will put her into a generic 286 and see if it installs. Here is almost 1 am ;)

I usually do not toot my own horn here, but I wrote recently and extensively about the various SB16s and AWE32s/64s. Take a look at the two most recent entries here in my blog :

http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/

Very nice text! That's the kind of info you don't find in books ! (just to mention, I have one book called : Soundblaster)
Unfornatelly I'm getting some problems while reading it, some lines are totally white (I'm using Google Chrome version : 21.0.1180.60 m), I have to select the texts into that lines to be able to read them.

Which part does it hang at? Are you able to get to the part where you can select an I/O address? I still suspect these problems are caused by that row of pins (CN6), which may control what IRQ or I/O the card is assigned.

Which part does it hang at? Are you able to get to the part where you can select an I/O address? I still suspect these problems are caused by that row of pins (CN6), which may control what IRQ or I/O the card is assigned.

It hangs at the beginning, I can't chose any option. Tried several drivers versions. Did you tried to put "device=c:\ctcm\ctcm.exe" in the config.sys? Tried to run ctcu.exe alone?

Back