• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Sound Blaster IDE Cards Drivers Collection

nice, thanks!
Can you please upload the SB16 SCSI2 disks/ISO soon?

I'll do that later today.

Are there any free diskette imaging programs that would work on a 64-bit Windows Vista? That would make things easier and faster.

Great! Thanks for these more rare gems, aitotat! I'm still compiling all these drivers. Thanks again!

Since I'm unable to edit to update my first post here (for now), I'll keep updating my Vogons post. And it'll be useful for me to create my signature with the link, but I can't create it. No option in the settings. Anyway the link to Vogons can be found at my first post here.

Tip 1 - Winimage trial version may be used to create the images. The only downside I can think of using images are both parties (creator and user) will have to install some sort of programs compatible with the floppy image files, either when creating or expanding them. It will be easier to make self-executable floppy images, but requires full functionality (registered) WinImage. Some other programs may require the presence of a physical floppy drive.

Tip 2 - You can create your own online image storage (free account - max 2GB) at www.dropbox.com. You point the downloaded dropbox program to share a folder where you place your files in your pc. Then invite others to join in via email, from within the dropbox page. Those who are sharing must have the dropbox program installed. Once the image of the folder in your pc is uploaded, you don't have to keep your pc or laptop running. The image will be online at dropbox. It's like a closed p2p network file sharing. The only downside is that you have to invite via email to share the folder, but then, it's a good thing, since you will only want to share the folder with whom you can trust. If anyone is using dropbox and want me to upload them to uploading sites, please PM me for my email. ( This method is helpful if you are unable to send or store the files till they get uploaded at upload sites, and if one is not fond of the upload sites.)

thanks for the files again! downloading the ISO now... so please wait another 4 hours at least before you do this! :)

ok... something is really screwed up with that ISO... what did you use to image that with? I tried my usual tools so far and none of them can open it! :(

there's an .iso file and a .iso.toc file in case anyone else has an idea what was used... obviously the toc file is the key to this issue... I just need to know what format this really is since it's obviously not a standard ISO file

Last edited:
Great! Thanks for these more rare gems, aitotat! I'm still compiling all these drivers. Thanks again!

Since I'm unable to edit to update my first post here (for now), I'll keep updating my Vogons post. And it'll be useful for me to create my signature with the link, but I can't create it. No option in the settings. Anyway the link to Vogons can be found at my first post here.

Tip 1 - Winimage trial version may be used to create the images. The only downside I can think of using images are both parties (creator and user) will have to install some sort of programs compatible with the floppy image files, either when creating or expanding them. It will be easier to make self-executable floppy images, but requires full functionality (registered) WinImage. Some other programs may require the presence of a physical floppy drive.

Tip 2 - You can create your own online image storage (free account - max 2GB) at www.dropbox.com. You point the downloaded dropbox program to share a folder where you place your files in your pc. Then invite others to join in via email, from within the dropbox page. Those who are sharing must have the dropbox program installed. Once the image of the folder in your pc is uploaded, you don't have to keep your pc or laptop running. The image will be online at dropbox. It's like a closed p2p network file sharing. The only downside is that you have to invite via email to share the folder, but then, it's a good thing, since you will only want to share the folder with whom you can trust. If anyone is using dropbox and want me to upload them to uploading sites, please PM me for my email. ( This method is helpful if you are unable to send or store the files till they get uploaded at upload sites, and if one is not fond of the upload sites.)

winimage makes images in the same format as rawrite... just that the compressed version is "propritary" to winimage only and nothing else really reads it... the workaround is to just unzip the file and the resulting file is just a standard image file that rawrite understands :)

anyway... I'm still pulling my hair out trying to figure out this .ISO / .ISO.TOC file mess! I can't for the life of me find ANYTHING that makes these files other than Brasero and CDRDAO... which are linux based tools

You can set your signature under the profile settings.

Thanks, Shadow Lord. Just entered it. And is there an option to re-edit old posts? The "edit post" button is no more available below my first post. I cannot update the links as I get more files. By editing it, I can make it look neat a bit, and easy for everyone to find all information in one post.

Thanks again! Cheers! :)

Is there any interest in a standalone installer for the Voyetra SuperSAPI! FM synth driver? Creative used to ship this superior sounding (IMHO) driver with their early SB16 driver packs and stopped around late 1994 or so. It takes full advantage of the OPL3 and I used to install Win 3.x just to use it to play MIDI files. I found out you can install it side by side with the "regular" FM synth driver (the same crappy sounding one Win95/98 came with) and switch between them with the MIDI Mapper.

Thanks, Shadow Lord. Just entered it. And is there an option to re-edit old posts? The "edit post" button is no more available below my first post. I cannot update the links as I get more files. By editing it, I can make it look neat a bit, and easy for everyone to find all information in one post.

Thanks again! Cheers! :)

No. This used to be here, but a member abused the privilege and it was stopped. So now, you can only edit for a few minutes after posting.

Is there any interest in a standalone installer for the Voyetra SuperSAPI! FM synth driver? Creative used to ship this superior sounding (IMHO) driver with their early SB16 driver packs and stopped around late 1994 or so. It takes full advantage of the OPL3 and I used to install Win 3.x just to use it to play MIDI files. I found out you can install it side by side with the "regular" FM synth driver (the same crappy sounding one Win95/98 came with) and switch between them with the MIDI Mapper.

Sure! I wonder how it would sound against crap FM, AWE, and Roland....

I just need to know what format this really is since it's obviously not a standard ISO file

The image is made with InfraRecorder. I enabled Read all sub-channel data and the full TOC. I haven't tried that setting before and it seems I should have left it unchecked. I'll made another image today.

ok, as long as I know what it is, I can "burn" this with virtualcd and just reimage it to a real ISO

it's really jacked up how that stupid program makes a non-standard ISO and names it so! it isn't right!

No. This used to be here, but a member abused the privilege and it was stopped. So now, you can only edit for a few minutes after posting.

I can still edit my posts from a day ago.. perhaps it's a separate setting for thread starters only? hmmm

sure why not? I'll make a last minute include to the ISO if you can get this out quickly enough :D

obviously I already have it, but it's part of the EARLY SB16 disk images I have... I do have a real set of disks that has it too, but so much trouble to even "rip" it

sure why not? I'll make a last minute include to the ISO if you can get this out quickly enough :D

obviously I already have it, but it's part of the EARLY SB16 disk images I have... I do have a real set of disks that has it too, but so much trouble to even "rip" it

Here you go. Installation instructions including how to set up the MIDI Mapper are included. ShadowLord, my favorite test suite for MIDI are the files included with the Windows Multimedia Pack. Feel free to post audio comparisons, FM doesn't have to sound lousy.... it just needs the right driver. :)

Attachments

• ssapi.zip
    16.8 KB · Views: 1
thanks!

very close to release now... just need to try to stay awake!

Sure! And thanks for the file! :)

Oh well, I guess only my Vogons link will be updated in a single post. Anyway, I'll be posting the updates and changes in this thread in a linear manner. Thanks!

Back