• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Sound Blaster IDE Cards Drivers Collection

@ deadcrickets : Hi deadcrickets! Just wanted to request that the torrent links be removed, since the project may be affected due to some innocent parties wrongfully starting to disseminate them as torrents and including references, which may be detrimental to the collective efforts.

But any additions to this collection is highly appreciated (in the form of new or non-existing disks, cds, other versions of disks, etc.)

Thanks!

@Maverick1978 : Hi Maverick! Sorry, but I didn't get any message in the inbox. Can you please let me know what it is about? Thanks!

I and the other moderators are not used to being addressed in this manner, and I won't bother repeating what you put in the message that went to all of us. You are banned.

And, as a note to everyone, if there is a post, thread or user that needs Moderator or Administrator attention then please use one of the following options:

1. Click on the "Report" button (looks like an exclamation point in a triangle) located at the bottom of every post.
2. Shoot a PM to any of the Mods or Admins.
3. Click on the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of every page.

The "staff" here is all volunteers and not everyone reads every post as its posted. The methods above get our attention in a good way. Being obnoxious in thread gets our attention in a bad way...

Thank you,

Hi,

It looks like none of the links are working any more. MegaUpload was taken out by the FBI.

Would it be possible for someone to upload the 284MB file somewhere else?

Thanks for making an excellent collection of Sound Blaster files.

Hi guys. Haven't been here for quite some time.

Just wanted to inform that I have somewhat resurrected the project and created another thread at Vogons. The Megaupload closure came down hard while I was trying to collect all the drivers.

I have managed to upload most of the files, and there are some more which have been uploaded by other members of Vogons, in addition. Now all files are hosted at VogonsDrivers site, maintained by SquallStrife at Vogons.

I have tried to divide them into separate sections like SB, SBPro, SB16, AWE32, etc...

The original 200+MB collection is still available in it's own section.

You can follow my new signature, which will take you to the new thread at Vogons.

Kind Regards.

ok there are so many links everywhere when you click on one, it's like trying to find where you can park your car downtown legally, within allowed hours, with tons of no-parking hours signs everywhere...and here i'm just trying to find the Sound Blaster IDE CD-Rom driver (so i can use the IDE controller on the SB16 and AWE64 cards i have, for my 2x/3x CD-ROM drives i have here that i HAVE to plug on the card in order for them to work correctly, otherwise they don't seem to work on the built-in IDE connector on the main board)

You look and tell me - you're the one that needs them, not me :)

If after looking you still can't find them, then come back here and ask. Most of the Sound Blaster interfaces used either IDE, Sony, Panasonic, etc interfaces. You shouldn't necessarily need the Sound Blaster 16 installation disks to make this work. You should be able to get by with just a driver file, and if those disks don't contain it, then it's likely that someone here has it. But you're going to need to be more forthcoming than "I need this" - you'll likely need to provide the specifics of the interface on your particular model of the card, for instance.

Im trying to find the Creative Labs Applications cd from the SB LIVE! package... that features Cubasis AV.. which is as u might know already, a MIDI Sequencer..
i believe this version of the sequencer is still compatible with Windows 3.11 which is why im looking for it!! and that it was released around 1996-1997..
but the sb live! applications cd -- i believe there were are few different versions.. -- one that featured mixman studio 3.0 from around september 2000 - and then the one
that came after that , which featured mixman studio 3.2 + also had Cubasis AV on the disc.. so this disc is from AFTER Sept/2000 and before the release of Cubasis VST,
released sometime in 2001 or 2002, which was the replacement/successor to Cubasis AV (older version from 1996/1997)

I have the original 1998 SB Live! CD bundle as released here in the USA. I don't recall Cubase being on it, but I can check. It did come with Cakewalk Express Gold however.

I've never actually used a Creative IDE interface before, but wouldn't it just use the regular OAKCD driver like every other ATAPI drive? I know it's using a quaternary address, but the driver should still do the job, shouldn't it?

Hi, can I use a CF-Card with a CT2950?
The CT2950 has a regular IDE-Interface but is not bootable.
I do not need to boot, but I need a CF-Card working on the IDE-Interface of the CT2950.

Thx
Doc

Hi, can I use a CF-Card with a CT2950?
The CT2950 has a regular IDE-Interface but is not bootable.
I do not need to boot, but I need a CF-Card working on the IDE-Interface of the CT2950.

Thx
Doc

Probably not. The CT2950 appears to be a PnP-card which means you probably need to run a PnP-enabler to enable the IDE interface. You would also need a special driver that knows where (which I/O-adress) to look for the interface as well as present the CF card as a drive to the (I presume DOS) system. I don't know if such a driver exists.

Back