• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Spam flood ...

mbbrutman

Associate Cat Herder
Staff member
You are probably aware of the increase in the amount of spam we are getting the last few days. Believe me, the moderators are aware of it too.

Please continue to report by the spam by hitting the icon with the exclamation point in it. (
report-40b.png
) Moderators get a direct email when that happens, and the first moderator to see the email will delete the spam. When asked why you are reporting a post simply write 'spam' ... unless of course you are reporting a post for a different reason.

I am looking for the vBulletin setting to throw all users into required moderation queues. I'm don't have permissions to do that on my own, so it's waiting for a VCFed board member to do.

I have found the magic setting that should block the latest wave of spam coming in. Unfortunately the moderators will have more work to do.

A note for new users: Even though you have registered and have been confirmed as a user, all of your posts will go through moderation until the moderators are sufficiently convinced that you are not a spambot. This is a low bar so don't be too concerned. Please be patient and you will be able to fully participate after a few posts.

Back