• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Sperry/Remington Rand Microfilm Cabinet, Perfect for ICs

glitch

Veteran Member
I picked this up over the weekend:

vAnkXiJ.jpg

It's an Aristocrat microfilm cabinet, but it's branded Sperry Rand/Remington Rand!

mJWWf76.jpg

I bought it to use as a parts cabinet, since it is the perfect size for holding full length IC tubes:

3Thn6M0.jpg

Looks like a convenient way to brag about your IMSAI 8080. Hahahah

A friend of mine has a very similar cabinet from Stanley/Vidmar. Those cabinets are also really nice. He stores his pinball parts in his. It's SO HEAVY to move, it has wheels but we had to move it down steps into his basement. His basement floor is cement and the noise/vibration of moving the cabinet (even when empty) on those wheels is truly awesome.

Looks like a convenient way to brag about your IMSAI 8080. Hahahah

The poor old thing might finally get an IMSAI board! It's a cobbed together machine I mostly use for testing/repairing other S-100 boards.

A friend of mine has a very similar cabinet from Stanley/Vidmar. Those cabinets are also really nice. He stores his pinball parts in his. It's SO HEAVY to move, it has wheels but we had to move it down steps into his basement. His basement floor is cement and the noise/vibration of moving the cabinet (even when empty) on those wheels is truly awesome.

No casters on this one, though I could imagine moving it would be louder than rolling around a big toolchest! We removed all of the drawers and carried it in, as we're currently in an apartment and the floors are carpeted. Hopefully the next place my shop/office migrates to will be concrete or industrial tile floors.

Back