• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Star Trek 11

CP/M User

Veteran Member
Does anyone know what all this hype is about ST 11 (something about one of the members from the Original Series making a return)? All I know is it can't be James "Scotty" Doohan or DeForest "Bones" Kelley - RIP! :-(

What else does anyone know about this movie? :-D

46863 wrote:

I guess it is the return of Mr. Spock...

Well yeah I suppose since Vulcan's live for hundreds of years and TNG team had him in that Season 5 Double Story who's name escapes me (Unification or something isn't it?). Kirk technically speaking Died in Star Trek - Generations, well that's how I felt about it, Scotty (RIP and won't be making a come back) was preserved in a Transporter Buffer (if I remember correctly! :-D) McCoy (another RIP) was in the first ever Story of TNG as a 120+ year old! ;-)

Of course that leaves Sulu, Uhura and Chekov which haven't really taken a Journey to The Next Generation! :-D Unless it's The Next Generation which take a trip back like in the DS9 story which goes back To the Trouble with Tribbles! :-??

It's funny Nemesis was (or perhaps still is) the last story with The Next Generation crew, unless this new ST movie will combine people from TNG, DS9, Voyager to make a movie and throw in an Original for good measure - Spock would be a good candidate I reckon, what surprises me though is the last ST movie really comes to a dead end. I feel that to keep ST enthusiasts interested you need a continuous story like in ST 2,3 & 4.

I'm unsure if I'll go to the Cinema and see this new one, guess it'll depend highly on who's in it and what the story is like. Usually though I've seen every ST movie since The Undiscovered Country, guess I'll have to wait and see! :-o

The latest news I got about this film is William Shatner is out as Capt. Kirk! I heard there was an outcry when this occurred.

I reckon this is a wise decision and here's my reason why:

The movie is supposed to be set after "The Undiscovered Country", however (and I'm just one person who believes this is the way it should be) "Generations" practically follows-on from The Undiscovered Country with the launch of the Enterprise B (it's clear in that movie that Enterprise B is on her maiden voyage in the state she's in) and everyone knows that Capt. Kirk disappears into the Ribbon on that voyage (presumed Dead possibly). I personally feel it's difficult to set Star Trek 11 after The Undiscovered Country, but before Generations because of the way the storyline goes and how previous films followed this time line. Yes, you can have a young Kirk in the film since it's based on Time Travel, but I reckon it would be very difficult to not set it before Generations.

CP/M User.

I believe they are going back further than Star Trek:TOS, because someone has been cast to play Capt. Christopher Pike.

Assuming they are actually going to have someone play him in an active role, and not just as a head above a blinking light in a 22nd century wheel chair......that is.
:D

Kaptain Skitzo wrote:

I believe they are going back further than Star Trek:TOS, because someone has been cast to play Capt. Christopher Pike.

Hmmm perhaps and of course Spock was in the Pilot of the Cage and Majel Barrett the second in command! When I watch the Cage now I feel what when Gene Roddenberry made it he wanted to use it as a promotional template for what he could use as an example. I can see though that there was some interest which came from that Pilot and The Menagerie was the result. It seems a pity though that The Cage was updated and Colourised, as Gene Roddenberry stated in the Version of The Cage which included the original B&W and Colour sequences the Colour taken from The Menagerie, I would have been interested to see the B&W version of the Cage - though I'm unsure if it exists in it's entirely - which makes me wonder if the Cage is complete?

Capt. Christopher Pike seems to be an interesting character - I thought The Menagerie was done to try and plug up a few holes, though in the end it seems Capt. Christopher Pike was sent back to his worst nightmare. To me a film in that respect can only be benefical to Trek fans - of course there aren't many Trek films which allow somebody to pick it up from the get go, merely a film for the fanatics!

Back