• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Star Trek Movies I and V

WOW! You guys really reinforce my preconceptions about nerds :D

That being said, Star Trek 1 is my favourite. Actually it is on my top list of all movies.

Cheers.

Trixter wrote:

"The Game" is one of the few Star Trek episodes of any series that truly creeped me out. Utterly fantastic episode, and extremely scary in a "body snatchers" way. The emergency site-to-site transport was awesome.

I was also trying to figure out another body snatchin' episode where Riker was Kidnapped and was lead to believe he was on a planet - on trial for something he didn't know anything about and had to escape - though was in a hollowdeck or something?

It came late in The Next Generation saga (perhaps the last season?) - any ideas? That for me was strange and I'm unsure how accurate I am in describing the story.

Yep I remember that one - "Frame of Mind" -- that was a pretty decent episode, definitely one of the better "Riker" episodes.

All right you TrekHeads, listen up!

All right you TrekHeads, listen up!

So I was at Goodwill today, and they have some TNGs on VHS tape. There were 21x pieces, priced at $18.00 for all. If anybody wants 'em, pm me and I'll go back tomorrow and pick them up for ya.

--T

I was also trying to figure out another body snatchin' episode where Riker was Kidnapped and was lead to believe he was on a planet - on trial for something he didn't know anything about and had to escape - though was in a hollowdeck or something?

It came late in The Next Generation saga (perhaps the last season?) - any ideas? That for me was strange and I'm unsure how accurate I am in describing the story.

You're thinking of "Frame of Mind". It was directed by Frakes as well, and I agree it's also good.

But it's not as unsettling as "The Game" :)

Trixter wrote:

You're thinking of "Frame of Mind". It was directed by Frakes as well, and I agree it's also good.

But it's not as unsettling as "The Game" :)

Perhaps a matter of taste! :-D

I'm starting to make this a which episode was that thread! :-o

I recall another story (TNG) now where the away team beamed off the Enterprise onto another Federation Ship - but the ship was an illusion or something and I remember the team getting seperated or something split up into small groups and there were entering one Bridge to find another Bridge and so on. Any ideas! :-D

Wikipedia has some very good information on TNG (as it probably has on the other shows as well - though I'm stuck on TNG!). I was a bit puzzled as to what was generally regarded as the best TNG episode though - Yesturdays Enterprise?! The runner up "The Best of Both Worlds pts 1 & 2" for me is the definitive episode! :-D

I loved the episode "Yesterday's Enterprise," that one was truly one of the best. But I could see where "Best of Both Worlds 1 & 2" would be ranked the best. I remember watching the first episode with my Dad and them throwing a "To Be Continued ... " thing at such a cliffhanger. I was like "noooooooo you can't do that to us !!!!!" But I think it definitely sparked a lot of questions and debate about what would possibly happen in Part 2 and helped keep interest in the show as well.

willowmoon93 wrote:

I loved the episode "Yesterday's Enterprise," that one was truly one of the best. But I could see where "Best of Both Worlds 1 & 2" would be ranked the best. I remember watching the first episode with my Dad and them throwing a "To Be Continued ... " thing at such a cliffhanger. I was like "noooooooo you can't do that to us !!!!!" But I think it definitely sparked a lot of questions and debate about what would possibly happen in Part 2 and helped keep interest in the show as well.

Yeah no doubt Yesterday's Enterprise was good - I probably would have had it with Cause and Effect, The Game & Frame of Mind! :-D
For some reason though I managed to see The Best of Both Worlds Pt's 1 & 2 before it was aired on telly (and here in Australia TNG Season 1 was aired sometime in 1991!). As I vaguely recall I would have hired the video from the local video shop and it had The Best of Both Worlds Pt's 1 & 2 together(?) otherwise I probably hired the two tapes containing it - don't recall doing that though. When the TV network did finally manage to air the Best of Both Worlds it would have done it like how they aired it in the states - show part 2 the following year - though I already knew what had happened! :-D

Back