• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

still need help...arg

couple things to check

couple things to check

Of course, you'll want to set your TV to tune via its built-in tuner (not "video 1" or any other input), and tune to channel 3 or 4 (maybe 2, but I think the TI modulator only works on 3 and 4).

That should be it. If it doesn't work, you'll need to try a second RF modulator, or second TI-99 console.

There is a cable available that goes from the TI directly into the composite video and sound inputs on a TV. I believe it's the same cable that can also be used with a C64. It's just a straight cable, so you could eliminate the RF modulator from your setup.

You could even make a cable if you're inclined. See Terry Nouspikel's TI-99 tech pages for more information on the pinout: http://www.nouspikel.com/ti99/titech.htm

ok so i plugged the rf thing on the TI into the thing from radioshack and i turned the ti on and nothing happened.

Could you explain more clearly what you did?

You should have loosened the screws on the "thing from Radio Shack", put the two spade terminals under those screws and tightened them. Then, plug the other end of the "thing from Radio Shack" onto your TV's antenna/RF/cable jack, turned the TV on, tuned to channel 3 or 4, and then turned on the TI computer. If there's a switch on the big black TI RF modulator box, it may be in the wrong position. Mess with that and see if anything happens.

Back