• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Still Wanted: Face panel for HP Vectra VL

NathanAllan

Veteran Member
I still need the faceplate, I still have the machine and it is missing that panel. If anyone has one or knows where to check, please let me know.

I've got two of these boxes, but they're both occupied. Just wondering if that's what you mean:

hpvectradsk1.JPG

vectra_vl6.JPG

Argh, I didn't think to look up the system number-- it's an HP after all. I was very mistaken. It's a Vectra VL-6/400, it has a different face than the ones posted above. Sorry about that, yes I feel silly for asking like I did earlier. I hope the image shows up. It's a pick from the net *after* I figured out how to look for it properly.

/edit MikeS it's definitely not a tower, it's a desktop configuration.

Last edited:
Ah, so the mid-tower?

m2Ct40Y9N5xi-9kDdDY4OiQ.jpg

I tossed one about 2 years ago--a P1/100 version, sorry. Still have the manual for it. I also still have a P2 version of this machine--the faceplate's the same on both. HP used this same basic case with only a few changes across several models.

Not like that one, I posted a picture in the above post, that's what I have minus the face plate. Mine is a desktop, definitely a desktop.

Then that might not be what you're after. The machine you have pictured is a convertible minitower, much like the Compaq Deskpro ENs. See how the faceplate flares out at one end? That's so you can adapt the thing either as a minitower or a desktop.

ASUS motherboard? That marks the descent of HP from their wonderful in-house designs to the "anyone want to bid on this?" phase. Two of the desktop VL4/600s that I have had completely different motherboards. One had a ASUS socket 370 P3 mobo; the other an FIC Slot 1/Intel 815/RDRAM setup.

I know the machines you are talking about, the convertible minitowers, this one doesn't have the removable bay, also if set on its side it's too thin to accommodate that. It's purely a desktop.

I have the cover off now, camera just told me to recharge the battery, so no pics tonight. Definitely a PII, 400MHz, HP branded motherboard, and if I remember right, it has sound internally so you don't absolutely have to have speakers (it's coming off of the sound card directly) but I could be wrong.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Vectra-V...0949101770?pt=Desktop_PCs&hash=item1e7d2cb8ca

^^a very similar one, that one has a faster processor in it.

Battery is charged, here is my machine.IMG_0240[1].jpg

Since I won't be using a floppy disk in it, there's this really nifty IDE to SD thing I have here I ordered a long time ago, might be time to put it to use in the available slot on the side. It's a good workhorse of a machine; it can be used for a great many things.

Last edited:
Back