• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Storage shed of old computers

Yzzerdd

Veteran Member
OK, I decided this qualified as "where you find your old computers." The company Mr. Fixit contacted me today, they saw my craigslist post for wanting old computers. Turns out they have a large storage unit full of them from the 1980s through 1990s. They also have alot of non-vintage items such as new video cards and memory, as well as all sorts of accesories. I have been informed they also have old memory, cards and such. They even have newer model laser jet printers(cancer!*) they will let me have for little or no cost. This weekend(Saturday) I am going up there with an SUV to pick out the good stuff from the pile, and will take inventory of it all and list it on here, just in case they have anything you guys are intrested in :). Is there any machines you guys want me to look for while I am up(over?) there?

--Ryan

*It has been proven that the micro-dust from laser printers in linked to cancer as well as other respitory problems, as the dust, being so small, can get into your lungs and slip into your blood stream, and therefore affect your body, in negative ways http://www.ausmedia.com.au/laser_printers_causing_cancer.htm

Uh, a hard drive for my Amiga 500 would be nice. And/or hard drive for my HP 85. Both of those are external units.

LOL: this thread could quickly become Wanted - Revisited.

S-100 anything is good.

As are full height floppy drives and MFM/RLL hard drives.

NorthStar stuff is always good too!

Best of luck with your haul, you lucky dog!

:)

Andrew Lynch

*grabs post-it notes* OK, I will be on the look out. Of course, keep on telling me what you are looking for. It may sound cruel, but I hope this guy thinks these computers are worthless. That way, if there is an Altair or IMSAI, I can get it cheap! Even though this sounds conclusive, it isn't. This thread should be considered valid for about 2 weeks; maybe more, depends on what I can work out!

A man can dream, you know

--Ryan

I'm always in the market for another Ozzie!

Ditto TI CC-40, Epson PX/HX series.

Oh, and any of the Radio Shack/Olivetti/NEC slabtops.

I'll wait for the inventory or this thread will end up taking up all Erik's hard drive space. :)

However, while you are crawling around in there, see if you can find a box marked "Peace on Earth". We seem to have mis-placed it.

Well, the hosting company's provided quota, anyway. When did "we" ever have peace on earth? As the earthquakes rolled by and the pumice clouds trickled down?

Vlad said:
Are you charging anything beyond shipping for this stuff? <snip>

-Vlad

I may charge a few dollars to cover the gas. Obviously I am not going to charge everyone $20 for a tank of gas, but instead everyone about an extra $3-$5.

--Ryan

I'll make you some potato salad. I never really noticed before but it does seem to be good at generating gas.

However, while you are crawling around in there, see if you can find a box marked "Peace on Earth". We seem to have mis-placed it.

Uh, yeah...JFK's brain is still missing too. I thought I'd found it, but the one I found was much too large for a politician, so I decided it must be B* the purple dinosaur's walnut-sized brain (he lost his mind some time ago, didn't he?).

--T

Back