• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Strange brew

tezza

Veteran Member
This is related to vintage computing...but it's also related to beer!

I can across this brew. Anyone know the computer model on the label?

strange-brew.jpg

Tez

Some of the brews are labeled different years with different retro style artwork. Quite refreshing really.
Do you have a link to the product line Caluser? I was given a few bottles of this one by a friend. I didn't know there was a whole series of them. Cool! :)

Do you have a link to the product line Caluser? I was given a few bottles of this one by a friend. I didn't know there was a whole series of them. Cool! :)
Damned if I can bloody find it again. One had Lass on it and the other had a Ye Olde sail boat being attacked by a squid or something.

Last edited:
Damned if I can bloody find it again. One had Lass on it and the other had a Ye Olde sail boat being attacked by a squid or something.

http://foundersbrewery.co.nz/brewery/range.html

1854.jpg

1903.jpg

1921.jpg

1946.jpg

1981.jpg

2009.jpg

Awesome! What a novel marketing idea. It's appropriate that a personal/desktop computer was chosen to represent 1981.

Tez

Awesome! What a novel marketing idea. It's appropriate that a personal/desktop computer was chosen to represent 1981.
I was thinking that.. that's why I wondered if EVERY bottle with 1981 showed the same pic.
When I saw these pics the 2nd time, I was really impressed with the artist's approach.. I just love the fact that the airplane is in the mountains behind the car, behind the beach girl the boat is under attack, and so on.

Back