• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Strange Cable

Druid6900

Veteran Member
I came across this cable and I'm posting it here because the DB-25 shell has a dot sticker on it that says B4. I have only seen those on Duo Drive cables before.
As you can see from the pictures, it's fairly complex in that shell with not only connector to connector wiring but internal wiring as well between the connector shell and an unknown 14-pin IC glued face down to the shell casing.
In addition, there are 4 resistors attached to the connector pins and a capacitor across two of the pins on the IC.
I have no idea what this cable is, but, if I had to guess, I'd say it almost looks like a Duo Drive adapter for a Disk II type interface card

Anyone have any ideas?

IMG_20191104_093757.jpgIMG_20191104_093735.jpgIMG_20191104_093635.jpg

I'm guessing you meant that to be helpful, somehow...

I see these kinds of responses all the time!! When someone posts a "doesn't work" post, you get ten guys posting "works for me!" as if that is solving the original poster's problem.

I see these kinds of responses all the time!! When someone posts a "doesn't work" post, you get ten guys posting "works for me!" as if that is solving the original poster's problem.

"Works for me!" Can usually be translated "I think I remember seeing that work!"

If you aren't even sure whether something is possible, "works for me" can be a very useful response because it tells you that there's hope that it will work for you, all you have to do is figure out the correct steps, or configuration, or whatever. In other words, "works for me" is roughly equivalent to "this is possible; others have managed it so you can too; don't give up yet!"

Back