• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

subject who resented

sterlla

It's a cliche," said Dugger. "The stuff of bad movies." "Doesn't make it any less real when it happens though, does it, sir?" "I suppose not— Do you really think that's what happened to Lauren? Some psychopathic creep?" Dugger's voice had risen, and he was standing taller. Assertive. Aggressive. Locking eyes with Milo. Milo said, "Any tips in that regard—speaking as a psychologist?" "No," said Dugger. "As I told you before, abnormal psychology's not my interest. Never has been." "How come?" "I prefer to study normal phenomena. This world— We need to emphasize what's right, not what's wrong. Now I'll show you my room." Ten by ten, sand-colored walls, matching acoustical tile ceiling, the same kind of canvas chairs as in front, similar coffee tables but no magazines, no pictures. winter boots Dugger peeled back a corner of the carpet and exposed a series of stainless steel slats bolted to a cement floor. Soldered to some of the panels were wires and leads and what looked like integrated circuit boards. "So they just sit here and you measure them?" said Milo. "Initially, we tell new balance them they're here for marketing research and they fill out attitude surveys. It takes ten minutes on average, and we leave them in here for twenty-five." "Fifteen extra to get acquainted with the confederate." "If they so choose," said Dugger. "How many do?" "I can't give you a precise number, but people do tend to be social." I watched his air jordan 19 lips, ugg ultra boots listened to his words for import. Flat tone, no commentary implied or expressed. Maybe that said plenty. Milo walked around the room, seemed to fill it with his bulk. Running his hand along a wall, he said, "No one-way mirrors?" Dugger smiled. "Too obvious. Everyone watches TV." "Set me straight on procedure, Doctor," said Milo. "How do you ensure that the subjects and the confederates don't meet after ugg boots the experiment's over?" "The subject leaves the room before the confederate. While the subject is nike air force 1 shoes debriefed, the confederate is moved to a private waiting area—behind the main office. And we monitor subjects' exits—walk them out, watch them drive away. There's simply no opportunity for subsequent contact." "And there's no one—a loose cannon, a subject who resented being deceived—who might've wanted to harm Lauren?" "No one," said Dugger. "We prescreen with a basic test of psycho-pathology." "You don't like abnormal psychology but you recognize its worth." Dugger twisted his collar. "As a tool." Milo paced some more, scanned the ceiling. He stopped, pointed to a small metal disc in the corner. "Lens cover? You film them?" "We're set up for video and audio recording. It's an option." "Do you keep the tapes?" "No, we transcribe the data numerically, then reuse the tapes," said Dugger. "Nothing you'd want ugg boot to hold on to?" "It's a new balance 1300 quantitative study. The main findings are the informational bits that transmit from the grids to our hard drives. As well as the confederates' observations." "The confederates report back to you?" "We interview them." "About what?" Dugger's lips tightened. "Qualitative data—variables that can't be numericized." "Weird behavior?" "No, no—nuances. Observational impressions. Measures the grids can't pick up." "And you have no interest in abnormality." Dugger pressed himself against the wall. "I really don't see the need to discuss my research interests." "The fact that Lauren was murdered—"

Back