• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Suncom ICONtroller

compaqportableplus

Veteran Member
Found this thing on eBay and had to have it! I also have been looking for a portable-friendly and period-correct pointing device for my LTE/286 and SLTs, and this fits the bill!

Got it for $20 sealed! This thing is 30-years old and brand new! (until I opened it of course :) . Even still smells new!

It's quite a nice little pointing device once you get used to it. Basically a joystick for your mouse cursor!

Being new, this one has all of the stuff with it, like the software (3.5" and 5.25" disks), the paperwork, the carry case, the mounting hardware, serial adapter, and the extension cable for desktop use. It even has the little wet wipe for cleaning the side of the laptop before sticking the little strip of what looks a little like velcro (but it's not) to the machine. It's a lot harder than velcro. I used to know what this stuff was called, but I can't remember the name of it. I'm sure the cleaning wipe has long-since dried up.

Here's some pics:

IMG_4599.jpg

IMG_4600.jpg

IMG_4601.jpg

IMG_4603.jpg

IMG_4604.jpg

IMG_4605.jpg

IMG_4606.jpg

IMG_4607.jpg

I think it's pretty cool!

I had one for my Commodore 128 when new and years ago when I got back into vintage computing. That one is really cool with all the extra buttons. The C128 one only had one.

suncom-icontroller-joystick-commodore_1_83353652a2362f9bc54546f9490adadb.jpg

Got it installed on one of my SLT/286s!

thumbnail_IMG_4620.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4621.jpg

Looks awesome on the SLT! It's also what the ICONtroller is shown being used with on the front of the box :)

I'm still looking for a Commodore version of one of these. You got a great deal!

Heather

There was one on E-Bay recently. Although it was included in a auction with a C128. You could resell the C128.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Commodore-...=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I thought that I sold you mine when I was dumping my collection a few years ago. Guess Not. Ill be on the lookout for one for you. BTW did you ever get around doing anything with the C16 you bought from me.?

I thought that I sold you mine when I was dumping my collection a few years ago. Guess Not. Ill be on the lookout for one for you. BTW did you ever get around doing anything with the C16 you bought from me.?
If I did then I lost it! :) I've played with the C16 a bit but I've had so many other projects that I've been more interested in so I haven't done a lot. This weekend, I'm assembling a kit to add component video output to a C64. Should be a fun project! I've also been RGB modding all my old consoles.

As with many of us, I have more interests than I have time. :p

Heather

Back