• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Supervision: handheld of the less fortunate

DeathAdderSF

Experienced Member
"Many years ago, a beautiful country lost all the money suddenly. It could be the poisonous spider's doing."

Holy Sssnake, it's finally here! The website that nobody demanded!

Supervision: handheld of the less fortunate
www.diskman.com/presents/supervision

If you're familiar with the Supervision, you're probably laughing right now.
If you're not familiar with the Supervision... oh boy, are you in for disappointment.

This website is the result of 15 years [!] of research and collecting, and today (Oct. 4th, 2018) is its world debut.

I'm sorry. :(

There's also lots of other nifty, geeky, classic gaming stuffs on the main site, which you may enjoy a lot more than this Supervision nonsense...

www.diskman.com

Yo!

Today there's been some cool [?] updates to the site:

* Confirmation of "Cross High" existing as a standalone cartridge
* Scans of Chinese-language instructions for six games + the Supervision itself
* Scans of a damn near perfect TV-Link box, + instructions in six languages
* Scans of Watary Italia advertisements, featuring the "Supervision ninja" <-- just ridiculous

www.diskman.com/presents/supervision

Merry Christmas!

Today I've added blister pack insert scans for 2-in-1 Hash Block / Eagle Plan, Alien, and Dream World. The game instructions archive has also been added to: Especially take note of the Italian version of the Honey Bee instructions, which feature hand-written corrections that were simply xeroxed into the finished product! Amazing!! Finally, the ridiculous “Supervision ninja” makes his second appearance, courtesy Watary Italia's fabulous stickers.

svninja.jpg

^ - You just can't make this stuff up. :shock:

You can't talk about the Supervision without posting Stuart Ashen's review of it:

*shrugs* Like so many of these guys, he couldn't be bothered to do 5 minutes worth of research before making the vid. Thus the facts are few and the speculation rampant.

I had one of these probably around the early 2000s. I remember the screen ghosted so badly you'd swear it was haunted. The contrast was abysmal as well. It made the Gameboy's screen look like a Sony PVM.

I probably had 3-4 games. The Atari 2600 offered more thrilling gameplay. The sad part is that it was still better than the Tiger Game.com, haha.

This website is the result of 15 years [!] of research and collecting, and today (Oct. 4th, 2018) is its world debut.

www.diskman.com

I was just browsing your website. Great job. I never knew about most of these games for the system. The ending screens are hilarious!!!!! A few of these games appear to be quality titles, just judging from the screen shots. Sachen seems to be a stand out developer for the system.

I downloaded some of the game sound files you have.
LOL, the song 2-in-1 Cross High & Block Buster - 03 - Block Buster Ingame is a direct rip off of Super Mario Land's theme.

I was just browsing your website. Great job.

Thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Yes, the ending sequences are quite ridiculous indeed and nowhere near worth the effort of playing through the games. (I did it so no one else has to.)

Today's tantalizing website update...

I finally picked up a sort-of-like-new, boxed Magnum Supervision. I've been wanting one of those for a while, don'cha know. I've added scans of the box and instructions now, just for you. I also managed to get the kinda elusive Sonny X'Press complete in blister pack. So in case any of you were “going ape” over the insert & instructions not being available on the website, they're here now.

What else, what else... OH! There's a scan of a Sonny sticker! Yep. It was adhered to the Sonny X'Press blister package, but I carefully removed it. No more monkey business with this last update: a rather uninteresting Hartung Supervision sticker. That's it for today.

Holy schnikes! I was finally able to make high-quality scans of all the Supervision cartridge label variations that I own. Are you ready for a heaping helping of bad artwork? Then you've come to the right place.

Special thanks to Frank Cifaldi for suggesting an effective way to scan the uniquely shaped (inconveniently humped!) cartridges: by laying them over the edge of an 0.93 inch sheet of acrylic. I had to use a Canon 5600F scanner to get sharp, clear images, as my Epson Perfection V39 has a severe case of nearsightedness.

You can't talk about the Supervision without posting Stuart Ashen's review of it:

I was kinda hoping you would review this, had this when I was a kid. Never saw anyone else in the Netherlands with one though.

maybe its a bit of an obscure piece, but I actually liked it.
cant remember the screen being that terrible though.

Today's update...

The other night I thought to myself, “I should get pictures of all the Crystball levels.” Then I laughed. Then I paused for a moment, raising an eyebrow. Then, I actually went and got all the pictures!! What is wrong with me?! (Wait, don't answer that.) Playing through Crystball again after all these years... sucked. But, I was able to notice and document some quirky details about the game's behavior. These stunning revelations are now available for you to overlook.

On the scanning front, Mark Canon (aka “stupus”) was kind enough to send in the following: blue boxes for 14 games, Galaxy Fighter and Journey to the West cartridge labels, and the official Goldnation price list and order form. W0w! Thanks, Mark!

Finally! Two more pages of Dixons ads were added to the existing PDF. Apparently the updated file had been sitting here for quite some time, waiting to be uploaded. Sorry, eh!

"Many years ago, a beautiful country lost all the money suddenly. It could be the poisonous spider's doing."

Holy Sssnake, it's finally here! The website that nobody demanded!

I love your sense of humor.
Sooo, how many visitors have you had to the website nobody demanded?

I love your sense of humor.

Thanks. :cool:

Sooo, how many visitors have you had to the website nobody demanded?

I haven't checked the visitor stats, but what I can tell you is that I get a good # of e-mails about the Supervision site. So apparently plenty of people are turning up to see the horror. Which is great! It makes all the research worthwhile to know people are "enjoying" it.

Hi, I never knew about Supervision until I came across this thread and then your site! Thank you for spreading the gospel! Now I want to play John Adventure!

Back