• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Switch settings for a Heath EGA/VGA card

strollin

Experienced Member
I have a Heath/Zenith 150-307-3 EGA/VGA video card that I can find plenty for sale on the net but haven't been able to locate the switch settings for. Can anybody point me to any documentation for this card? Thanks.

It's an 8-bit, full length card. It currently works fine in a XT as a VGA but I need to be able to configure it to work as an EGA.

Here's a picture if it helps:
heath_150-307-3.jpg

Last edited:
I have a Heath/Zenith 150-307-3 EGA/VGA video card that I can find plenty for sale on the net but haven't been able to locate the switch settings for. Can anybody point me to any documentation for this card? Thanks.

It's an 8-bit, full length card. It currently works fine in a XT as a VGA but I need to be able to configure it to work as an EGA.

Here's a picture if it helps:
heath_150-307-3.jpg

Think I have one of these which I want to use as a VGA card so any chance you can tell me the settings to use it as a VGA card? ;)

By trial and error I figured this much out:

VGA, 80 col, color - off-on-on-off-on-on
CGA, 40 col, color - on-off-off-on-on-off
CGA, 80 col, color - on-on-on-off-on-off
EGA, 80 col, color, - off-on-on-off-on-off

I have the same computer and video card and thanks to this thread I am able to configure my Heath 150-307-3 EGA/VGA video card correctly!

Trying to look for information on this card myself. The card matches up with a part number found in a Heathkit 386 DIY kit. One of the selectable uploaded files gives the pinout:

Thanks for the info ! I have a Heath 150-307-2 card which I've never tested. According to that document its currently set for CGA.

Back