• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

T.H.I.S (Technological Highbred Integrated System) By MAD (Micro Aided Design)

Dawgchyper91

Hello!

I came across this commodore 128 software awhile back and I have never seen this CAD software before.
Its called T.H.I.S and it stands for Technological Highbred Integrated System. And its developed by Micro Aided Designs.
This came from an older gentleman in his late 60s who was a computer programmer and did CAD work in the late 1970s to mid 1980s.

If anyone can give me any insight on this, I would greatly appreciate it! This software is practically mint and comes with everything including the manuals, warranty, disks, you name it!

I am familiar with some C 128 CAD software, and I have even tried looking this one up on google and I have found nothing!

To be honest with you, I have no use for this. I will probably end up putting this up on ebay for someone who may need this to complete their collection.

Thank you for reading and hope to here from you guys :):D

PS:

I have posted numerous pictures on my photobucket account, that way you know what it looks like!

http://s1105.photobucket.com/albums...By Micro Aided Design Software Commodore 128/

T.H.I.S was written in 1986 and copyrighted in 1987. I wrote this CAD software in high school in 1985 and moved to California to market it in 1987 where is was written up by Commodore magazine as one of the BEST applications for the Commodore 128 in 1987. It utilized the Inkwell light pen and then the Commodore 1351 mouse. I have several magazine from that time which wrote about this. I required the 512 memory module so it was pretty expensive to run.

It's certainly nice to hear from the originators of such programs Carlv. What inspired you to create it?
Did you create any other software for that platfrom?

high·bred/ˈhīˌbred/
Adjective:

1. Bred from superior stock.
2. Having or showing good manners; well-bred.

Last edited:
T.H.I.S. Explained

T.H.I.S. Explained

I was inspired by a software package written for the Commodore 64 by Inkwell Systems. I wrote T.H.I.S. for the Commodore 128 thinking Drop down menus was a new idea. I was the first to do a drop down menu, I think for any software package. I also saw nothing new for the Commodore 128 native system. Most software utilized 64 Mode.

I also was the first programmer to utilize virtual memory as space. T.H.I.S. revision 2 could move the screen left, right, up, and down for expanding what a monitor could not present. Video resolution was limited.

As in, you used the REU memory for extra working space? Nice. Too little software took advantage of the REU; it's too bad, it does blazing-fast copies.

Any chance of taking scans of the magazine reviews and posting them here carlv? They might be useful if someone else comes across it.

Magazine ADs

Magazine ADs

I will post some ADs and articles tonight or tomorrow. I also will post a few pages of the code with the copyright.

T.H.I.S. 2.0 Ad Slick

T.H.I.S. 2.0 Ad Slick

THIS 2.0 Large Format Case front Cover(1).jpg

This is an ad slick for version 2.0

Back