• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Tallgrass Technologies Shortcut - 8088/286 Accelerator

NoPizzaTonite

Experienced Member
Anyone have any experience with this board? How would you compare it to the Orchid Tiny Turbo, Quadram or PC-Sprint?

I found this one but nothing with it. I would appreciate any help. I'm looking for driver and if possible, manual, for a Tallgrass Technologies Shortcut 8088/286 accelerator.
s-l1600_2.jpg

It is a re-branded SOTA 286 ... nice cards. Try to keep it off the carpet though, even small amounts of static electricity could damage the board.

It is a re-branded SOTA 286 ... nice cards. Try to keep it off the carpet though, even small amounts of static electricity could damage the board.

Thanks to your heads up I was able to find the Sota 286i drivers to help me with this accelerator. Really appreciate you taking the time to reply! :)

-Alex

Oh wow, ok.... I thought at first you were the seller, haha. Let us know if you get it working, I'm actually curious if it is working! The Sota cards are nice, and this one is 12mhz from I what I can tell. I saw it on ebay and he has several other listings all laid out on the carpet too. I did notice that you got the 8088 CPU on there as a nice little bonus. The seller has the XT motherboard listed missing the processor, again I lol.

Birds of a feather... :)

I found it by sheer chance when looking at the seller's other items. I had recently lost out on a Quadram accelerator and was determined to get my recent XT restore some speed. So, thank you for not buying it haha! I noticed the processor missing on the XT board as well, but didn't want the seller to take the risk of pulling it from the accelerator (board on the carpet was a little bit of a red flag haha). I figured the missing proc on the mother board will give someone justification to pick up a V20 for it ;)

Thanks for posting your reply - made me chuckle!

-Alex

Back